Shutter speed settings

Reaction score
Hi guys n gals

I'm trying to adjust my shutter speed for longer exposure times for photos, I watched a you tube vid earlier and the guy was changing his shutter speed in increments of seconds for low light and night time shots, the settings on my p3a for shutter speed is not in seconds ,just various levels. Is this just a feature for the p3 professional or am I missing something?
Kind regards

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't think I would try to get shutter speeds that slow out of a camera that isn't stationary. As a general rule, for traditional cameras, is not to go below 1/60s without optical stabilization. Even handheld at 1/60 can cause some minute blur. I just did a twilight photo shoot for a hotel chain. Even for twilight the shutter speed had to be dropped down pretty low, but I was shooting on a tripod.

I'm trying to adjust my shutter speed for longer exposure times for photos, I watched a you tube vid earlier and the guy was changing his shutter speed in increments of seconds for low light and night time shots, the settings on my p3a for shutter speed is not in seconds ,just various levels. Is this just a feature for the p3 professional or am I missing something?
The app is the same for all P3s.
Here is how to adjust shutter speed manually - in this example the shutter speed is 2.5 seconds.
Be aware that if you don't know what you're doing, once you start making manual adjustments you can end up with a bunch of badly exposed photos.
i-mGFXhf8-L.png

Right side under play button you see in his picture. The one with the slide levels. It will open up the camera control. Then select M for manual which will unlock the shutter speed options. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't think I would try to get shutter speeds that slow out of a camera that isn't stationary. As a general rule, for traditional cameras, is not to go below 1/60s without optical stabilization. Even handheld at 1/60 can cause some minute blur. I just did a twilight photo shoot for a hotel chain. Even for twilight the shutter speed had to be dropped down pretty low, but I was shooting on a tripod.

I was surprised that it was stable enough for long exposures.

2.0s Exposure:

1/6th Second Exposure:

2s Exposure:

Mind you, all the above were taken at night, long exposure, during a light snowfall.

1/15th:

1/30th

1/8th:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj