Shutter speed and exposure time

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Long time lurker but new to the forum. I've been doing a lot of reading and I'm struggling to understand what people mean when they say something like iso 100 "1 sec exposure" iso 200 "3 sec exposure". I understand the iso settings, but for the life of me I can't understand how they find out how long the exposure time is?

Is this the ev right wheel button?

I've usually always shot in auto but I'm trying to shoot in manual to get the most out of my photo's.

If anyone could give me an idea of how I work it out, that would be great.

Thanks.

When you are in Manual Exposure mode the shutter speed is displayed on screen under the "safe to fly" icon. Maybe slightly more to the right on a tablet screen.
First it shows the iso,'then shutter speed, then f stop.
You change the shutter speed with the right side finger wheel.
This is a screenshot I found online off my phone:
[
db17e1e0c326647c7a3a4a3a18d12b01_thumb.jpg

99a7a4f83cfbac412478e7ae63169943_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

When you are in Manual Exposure mode the shutter speed is displayed on screen under the "safe to fly" icon. Maybe slightly more to the right on a tablet screen.
First it shows the iso,'then shutter speed, then f stop.
You change the shutter speed with the right side finger wheel.
This is a screenshot I found online off my phone:
[
db17e1e0c326647c7a3a4a3a18d12b01_thumb.jpg

99a7a4f83cfbac412478e7ae63169943_thumb.jpg

Great, thank you. How do I work out what people mean by when they say "1 sec exposure" or "3 sec exposure" is that referring to shutter speeds? If so what's the equation to work out this in seconds? All I see is like 1/50 1/100 etc

Great, thank you. How do I work out what people mean by when they say "1 sec exposure" or "3 sec exposure" is that referring to shutter speeds? If so what's the equation to work out this in seconds? All I see is like 1/50 1/100 etc

That is the time for the exposure, or how long the shutter is open. 1 second, 1/50th of a second, etc.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

On the RC screen, in tool icons under "menu" see the bottom icon, looks like slider bars, tap that. There you can manually adjust shutter speed, iso and set to Auto or Manual exposure.
You can manually slide the shutter speeds up or down as much as you like and actually see the numbers. Or just use the right finger wheel to go up or down in 1/3 stop (speed) increments.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj