Shutter Button (Press to take a photo)

Reaction score
Hello,
Still waiting for my P4 to be delivered next week.
Q: While recording video, in order to take a still photo do I have, to stop video, change over to photo, press shutter button and then change back over to video, press record button, to continue recording video??? or as I am recording video by pressing the photo shutter button it will do all this on its own????
A: ???,

Unless things have changed recently, you have to switch. Only one or the other at a time.

You can extract a photo from a video frame in post editing software.

Hello,
Still waiting for my P4 to be delivered next week.
Q: While recording video, in order to take a still photo do I have, to stop video, change over to photo, press shutter button and then change back over to video, press record button, to continue recording video??? or as I am recording video by pressing the photo shutter button it will do all this on its own????
A: ???,

next time i go out flying my P4 ill give it a shot for you.

I belive you still have to switch the camera from video to photo. Maybe someone that knows for sure will chime in.

You can extract a photo from a video frame in post editing software.
Have already done this, also shot photos with the P3S and there is some difference. Still photos are better for printing. P3S sold gone so cannot test it myself, have to wait for the P4 to arrive.
Thanks anyway.

Ergonomics
Reading the manual on page 9 there is a description of the Remote control. It reminds me of British motorcars where all the switches are randomly thrown in and not working half off the time.
I don’t like the positioning of the Shutter Button (11) and the Intelligent Flight Pause Button (10).
I would preferred them the other way round so they correspond with the ones on the left hand side.
That is
Near left = Camera video
Near right = Camera photo
and
Far left = Flight mode
Far right = Flight pause

Another probably even better arrangement could be for the pause button to change places with the video button so flight controls would all be on the left side and camera on the right.
As far everything else is concerned I am still waiting delivery of my P4.

Reactions: Sim597
You don't have to change over as such, but you have to stop recording. You can't take a photo while videoing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

was doing some activetrack videos today in 4k and couldn't snap stills while filiming. i seem to remember someone mentioning litchi or another 3rd party app could do it though, anyone know? i don't believe any 3rd party apps work with p4 yet, so its a moot point anyway.

was doing some activetrack videos today in 4k and couldn't snap stills while filiming. i seem to remember someone mentioning litchi or another 3rd party app could do it though, anyone know? i don't believe any 3rd party apps work with p4 yet, so its a moot point anyway.
Really? Autopilot and Litchi aren't working for the P4? That I find crazy, I thought you could even change remotes between a pro/adv and a 4. I'm expecting mine soon and was hoping to get autopilot.

Wierd , looking into my flight records it didn't capture my photos when i was using active track and recording video in 4K, were you using the same settings?

I believe when he indicated that you don't have to switch he probably meant you don't have to switch from video mode to still mode (in the DJI app) to use the hardware button on the remote to take a still image.

However you do have to stop recording video to take a still image. i.e. I've found you can't be recording a video and press the hardware camera still image button and take a still image.

I used Autopilot on my P4 today, updated a couple days ago to work with P4.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Sim597
I used Autopilot on my P4 today, updated a couple days ago to work with P4.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Hippie, I got confused the other day. I swear I read this but now, not so sure. I thought I had read that I had to download AutoFlightLogic firmware to the bird and the remote? But that isn't the case is it?
Btw I'm only a beta tester, still new so haven't had the guts to make a flight with it, but just spending a couple hours on the flight school part has been an in depth read I'll tell ya!

I did not download Autopilot to anything but my iPad AIR2. Also have litchi, a little easier to use I think.

I did not download Autopilot to anything but my iPad AIR2. Also have litchi, a little easier to use I think.
No, I was confused AutoFlightLogic stated to make sure we update the DJI firmware

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20