Shudder vibration

Reaction score
All of the sudden my P2 and, more notably, the gimbal are showing a visible vibration.....not huge, but noticeable when hovering in front of me.....never had vibrations before...any ideas?

Check the screws that hold the gimbal to the shell. Part of my regular maintenance. Check props are balanced and matched to the motors. A crash can upset this even a tip over can cause a prop to be un-matched and out of balance.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

IrishSights said:
Check the screws that hold the gimbal to the shell. Part of my regular maintenance. Check props are balanced and matched to the motors. A crash can upset this even a tip over can cause a prop to be un-matched and out of balance.

The gimbal is tight, compass dance completed, changed out one motor that was acting up.....bit still have the high frequency shuttle/vibration.

What might I try next? Should I do an advanced calibration?

Sledge said:
IrishSights said:

The gimbal is tight, compass dance completed, changed out one motor that was acting up.....bit still have the high frequency shuttle/vibration.

Yes. Do an advanced IMU cal and then closely inspect your props for and wobble, distortion while hovering. You haven't changed the gains by any chance have you?

EMCSQUAR said:
Sledge said:
IrishSights said:

Yes. Do an advanced IMU cal and then closely inspect your props for and wobble, distortion while hovering. You haven't changed the gains by any chance have you?

Thanks, I will try that. I did check prop balance as well, and they all checked out.

I haven't changed gains , other than the gimbal tilt gain a long time ago.

So I have balanced my props, tried other props, done an advanced calibration, compass calibration, checked the H3-3D to make sure it's secure......and still getting this vibration shudder......I am at wits send.

Any suggestions?

I'm interested in this thread. My early videos when just hovering would be rock solid when looking closely at the edge of the picture. Now visualy it has a hard to notice shutter, and the edge of the video when hovering has very slight shutter back and forth (2d gimbal). I had replaced one esc unit after led lights quit. New props and imu cal no change. I had changed the gain for the yaw trying to slow rotation down for video, but changing back didn't help. I suspect imu or esc. By the way, I bought some counterfeit props that really made the problem worse, and other negative performance issues. I thought getting the 3d gimbal would eliminate this, but is big gamble, prefer spending on fpv gear.

Do you use the original white dampers for the gimbal? I used the black once once. They were to soft and made P2 shaking like hell.

Other test could be removing the gimbal total, thereafter put the gimbal back under but not connected to check for any balance issues.

Keep us updated on this one!

Your gimbal and P2 are in a feedback loop. If you ever saw the movie Gravity, you'll know that when one thing moves anything attached to it is going to move as well. Something has changed in the frequency in which your P2 or gimbal correct their balance. It could be the rubber balls or it could be a gain settings.

IrishSights said:

Can you recommend a good balancer from amazon or ebay,possibly a name of the balancer ? Thanks

ianwood said:
Your gimbal and P2 are in a feedback loop. If you ever saw the movie Gravity, you'll know that when one thing moves anything attached to it is going to move as well. Something has changed in the frequency in which your P2 or gimbal correct their balance. It could be the rubber balls or it could be a gain settings.

That makes sense, but I don't think I changed anything (same dampeners, etc.) when the vibration arose.

I have balanced my props with the dubro balancer and used 2 different sets just to make sure that wasn't it.

The only gains I have ever changed is the X1 tilt gain. (to the best of my recollection)

Here is a video showing the vibration: http://youtu.be/ei-spF8iYK0

Sledge said:
That makes sense, but I don't think I changed anything (same dampeners, etc.) when the vibration arose.

I have balanced my props with the dubro balancer and used 2 different sets just to make sure that wasn't it.

The only gains I have ever changed is the X1 tilt gain. (to the best of my recollection)

Yep. That's a feedback loop. I would focus on the gimbal mounting. Don't fly for long like that.

ianwood said:
Sledge said:

Yep. That's a feedback loop. I would focus on the gimbal mounting. Don't fly for long like that.

Thanks - I will give it a look tomorrow. Appreciate you're input!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik