Showing off FPVLR

Reaction score
So I am finally getting there. Backpack, 3 batteries and stage 2. I just ordered the rest to make it stage 4 so I should have that soon. Stage 2 is the best thing you can do for the price, it is amazing. I got out to a distance of over 8,000 ft.

15185232249_2e54085685_h.jpg

15185289040_fc3a695fa3_h.jpg

15371677992_137baf5dcb_h.jpg

Awesome, just installed the stage 2 myself only mine is in red. :)

Jeffin916 said:
So I am finally getting there. Backpack, 3 batteries and stage 2. I just ordered the rest to make it stage 4 so I should have that soon. Stage 2 is the best thing you can do for the price, it is amazing. I got out to a distance of over 8,000 ft.
Does that mean you had FPV connection up to 8000ft turned back and still had FPV connection?
Or you flew in a straight line until the phantom went into go home mode?

I have stage 4 and it's ace!

The thing I like about FPVLR antennas is that they just ooze quality. I've seen others out there that just look like the inner part of toilet rolls with ridges, whereas the FPVLR kits are neat little packages that I'm proud to have displayed on my transmitter. I'm not after massive battery beating range records, just quality goods that give me solid video and control at medium ranges. :)

I'm looking to set up a ground station I would like to know if anyone can help me deciding on what to put in it

I'm waiting on my phantom Vision Plus to arrive this week and I wanted to know if anyone could recommend somewhere in New York prefer the city where I can fly my bird

Do you need full LOS for these 8000ft runs? It seems that if I go anywhere beyond even just 500 ft with a couple of trees in the way, I'll start to get laggy or disconnected FPV.

best place to get the stagfe two mod and to find info on it
id love to have seamless video
im nto even flying far just dont want interruptions!

I just installed my Turns helix for the transmitter, originally I purchased the stage 1 kit from FPVLR. I loved it so much made the upgrade to stage 2. Still need to test it, but I'm a little hesitant to push it to 8000ft or even 4000 ft. I just put to much $ into it to chance a flyaway. But I do want to give it a shot....

I get everything(P2V+, 3 sets of props, sunshade for my phone, tx, 4 pack batteries, 2 sets of AA batteries, tools etc) in my Vanguard II backpack.

Luap said:
Jeffin916 said:
Does that mean you had FPV connection up to 8000ft turned back and still had FPV connection?
Or you flew in a straight line until the phantom went into go home mode?

I flew in a straight line at 600 ft and went out.

DronePilot said:
How do you get all those antennas in your backpack?

The TX goes in the front of the backpack, I dont have a choice. There is no way it will fit in there now. Works good, just have to be cautious of nothing going on top

Jeffin916 said:
DronePilot said:
How do you get all those antennas in your backpack?

The TX goes in the front of the backpack, I dont have a choice. There is no way it will fit in there now. Works good, just have to be cautious of nothing going on top

Jeff, I have that same backpack ordered. Can you unscrew your antennas and fit the controller then, maybe with a little modification to the foam? I want to get the stage 2 kit and do this, but wondering your thoughts if it would work. thanks

I have the same setup...yes you can. If you don't mind a small upgrade to your backpack, you can trim it so that you only need to remove the upgraded antenna's, not the wifi extender. All you will need is an exacto knife or something similar with a very sharp cutting edge.

tmc6663 said:
I have the same setup...yes you can. If you don't mind a small upgrade to your backpack, you can trim it so that you only need to remove the upgraded antenna's, not the wifi extender. All you will need is an exacto knife or something similar with a very sharp cutting edge.

Perfect, thanks for the help

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl