Showing my age !

Reaction score
I'm not that familiar with forums but for the life of me I can't see a 'Search' option ! So I apologize in advance for the following question which I'm sure has been covered a thousand times. I have a second hand P2V+ in excellent condition and I'd like to keep it that way. I've read dozens of posts on the pros and cons of prop guards and feel as an absolute beginner I'll get some - the clip on type. I would also like to know your thoughts on replacement props. Currently they are the 9443 type. I've seen lots of carbon fibre replacements and appreciate they are tougher but surely that means something else will break further down the line ? And then there's the question of the different pitch - decisions, decisions !!

Lastly. There are lots of 'copy' spares out there with a whole variety of prices. Any recommendations on suppliers of genuine or at least good quality brands. And indeed those to avoid ! In Britain.

Thanks in advance.

There's a "magnifying glass" at the top right of this page. Click to open a search field. Welcome and good luck!

I would also like to know your thoughts on replacement props. Currently they are the 9443 type. I've seen lots of carbon fibre replacements and appreciate they are tougher but surely that means something else will break further down the line?
It would be best to use only DJI props. The 9450s are the most recent design. You can find a complete list of compatible props here. Some of those props are listed as "Phantom 3" props -- but, they are compatible as well.

DJI makes carbon fiber reinforced props. Since they are only partially made of carbon fiber, they will not shatter like the average carbon fiber prop.

Thanks for all the prompt replies and useful links. I'm glad I now know where to find search. That should answer a lot of my 'silly' questions !
msinger, you mention 9450's. They are certainly very readily available but I was a little concerned at using these as I thought they were really intended for the upgraded P2V+ V3 and the new P3, both of which have the upgraded motors.

I was a little concerned at using these as I thought they were really intended for the upgraded P2V+ V3 and the new P3
They were intended to replace all 9443s. DJI redesigned the 9443s to make them more efficient. I used to fly 9450s on my P2V+ V2 all the time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20