Show us your "Flying Station"

Reaction score
Here is a shot of my Dad and I having a great day at the park together flying our P3Ps.
I thought I'd share our setups. Although basic, we have a couple items that really make flying more comfortable and convenient. A couple chairs (mine has a fold out table I put my RC, sunglasses, etc on) that has some pockets on the side that perfectly fit my batteries, wallet, water bottle - a fold-up table (great for setting up and keeping certain items off the ground. We usually launch our phantoms from our tables. I also have a "sport-brella" that i hook to my chair, that helps keep some sun out and a sunshade on my iPad mini. We can bring most if it out in a single trip from the car. I usually have a backpack for goggles, tablet, and extras and then we have our hard cases.

DJI_0003_Fotor.jpg

Im curious to see what kind of setup you guys use when your "out in the field". Im sure some of you have some great ideas and I'd love to see them.

Thanks!

I tried a few mods to get that real immersive excitement and real flying experience, but landing on the table was a leap too far for me.

ground-station1.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Mine is simple, its where ever my motorcycle takes me. My "station" could be just like this. The side of the road next to a river.

And the top case where I put the bird and anything I need to fly..

Reactions: GoodnNuff
You could just pick up the 3-D printed bracket that those boosters are attached to from fpvlr, or something similiar, place a nutsert on and that's all it really is
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1458407472.205525.jpg

Reactions: PrecisionAeroworks
I use the tailgate of my truck or the mule. Just depends. Really like the table idea though. Would like to know where you got the black one?

I use the tailgate of my truck or the mule. Just depends. Really like the table idea though. Would like to know where you got the black one?

My dad got that for me, as a Christmas present I think. It's made by Keter. It's cool because the legs twist out and then lock to the underside for travel. And it has a great carry handle on the side. I'm pretty sure he got it at Sams Club or Costco. But we've been trying to find him the same table and it looks like the current Keter tables are different. A table is a good option to have for me. Love it

How is that setup with the amps and the Itelite panel working for you? I just got my Itelite panel from DBS mods and installed it myself. So far, it is definitely better than before, but I imagine that with the amps, the signal would probably be a lot stronger. My motivation for installing the Itelite panel is not really distance but more power to fly in my area which has a lot of trees in a community setting.

How is that setup with the amps and the Itelite panel working for you? I just got my Itelite panel from DBS mods and installed it myself. So far, it is definitely better than before, but I imagine that with the amps, the signal would probably be a lot stronger. My motivation for installing the Itelite panel is not really distance but more power to fly in my area which has a lot of trees in a community setting.

I'm curious how the panel antenna compares to just using windsurfers. Anyone ever done an A-B comparison?

From 0-4 miles the panel w/out amps is strong anyhow. Havent flown it w/ the amps yet so i can only expect good things

I'm curious how the panel antenna compares to just using windsurfers. Anyone ever done an A-B comparison?
Never had the windsurfers so don't know, but my understanding is that the Itelite panel is a directional antenna which focuses all the energy in a central point. Not sure if the shape makes it "more" efficient than the windsurfers, but I like the way it looks and the results so far. The windsurfers on the other hand fit over the omnidirectional stock antennas and somehow makes them "directional" because for the windsurfers to work, you have to continuously point the antenna's at the UAV, just like an Itelite panel. However, I have also read that the closer the stock antennas are to each other, the more interference and usually I see the cardboard windsurfer installed with the antennas parallel to each other. I believe this may be reduced in the Itelite as the antenna itself is one big panel. Someone please correct me if I have given misinformation.

I think this is true if you are using two frequencies such as the P2 series. You don't want the 5.8 antennas near the 2.4 antennas. The P3 with the Lightbridge is different, and I'm not sure it matters if they are close, although I'm not exactly sure. Somebody can expound on this...

DCP_6945.jpg

wow, i feel woefully outgunned in this forum. my flying station is an old fold up camping chair that's about half rotted. i don't have a spotter or any other fancy tables or equpment. in fact, my only accessory is a bud light

wow, i feel woefully outgunned in this forum. my flying station is an old fold up camping chair that's about half rotted. i don't have a spotter or any other fancy tables or equpment. in fact, my only accessory is a bud light
Trolling a little early this morning I see.

No, i'm jealous of everyone's setups! That's why i was feeling outgunned! Are all of these pics with add-on antennas or something? Does that help the range substantially?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers