Show picture of your case

Reaction score
Well its not exactly super light portable backpack but its roomy enough for all my stuff. Room enough for more and i can leave the props on if i want (not a fan of taking them off and on), althought ill still check for tightness preflight. And with locks its good enough.
20160209_130417.jpg

Hope I can remember how to do this :eek:, if not, we'll all know soon...

Case004.JPG

Since this pic was taken, "this bird has flown". Unrecoverable crash on March 12, 2015 and all because I was so into the FPV, I didn't see the battery voltage was in dangerous territory on the OSD and I was about 4400 feet away over a swamp. Duh! So now I have a replacement P1.1.1 and this time WITH A TRACKER!!! Also the Black Pearl in the pic now has retractable sun screen, which gives me more storage room. I'm about to order new pick n' pluck foam inserts for the whole case, cause things are getting a little loose.

Anyway, the case was around $60.00 if I remember right and has retractable handle and wheels. Not too shabby...:cool:

Good time for this post. I just received my Fastcap Kaizen Foam from Amazon.com
and last week my 22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case - Deep arrived.

The details for this build parts list

Fastcap Kaizen Foam 57mm (2-1/4") Black
Amazon.com: Fastcap Kaizen Foam 57mm (2-1/4") Black

22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case - Deep

22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case - Deep | 22-24160 (2224160) | Distributed By MCM
Coupon code available to get this case for $49.00 do a google search.

Total cost less than $85.00

IMG_4220.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg

IMG_4223.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

I chose this setup because I have the dbsmod antenna mounted and didn't want to take it on and off.

Notes: Under the landing gear is 2 inches spare space where I keep my 6 pack of polar pro ND filters, the area to the back of the P3 is 6 inches deep and contains my lanyard as well as all my props in the dji bag. Enough room for 4 batteries and an ipad air 2.

Future plans are to cut out an area to the right of the P3 for various accessories as well as the battery charger.

With the 4" deep lid closed there is gentle pressure of the 2" foam to hold securely all the contained components.

I'm using a Pelican Protector case. It's quite large so I have plenty of room to add new accessories :) it has 2 layers of foam so I keep some other parts and my GPS tracker charger down there. I feel pretty comfortable it will be well protected in it. I like that it has handles and wheels. It uses the "Pick N Pluck" foam so I can customize it exactly how I want it with ease.

d8c8467bf2cec47cd0cd3abc7b930db2.jpg

820569c6730fe65a53d891d4008fae40.jpg

bd5e2af9b3f564943f5cf9478a8d8e57.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Phantom 3 Pro NANUK 950

Here are a couple of pics on my case. Being a Star Wars fan (fanatic), I have a Jedi Order emblem to help identify my case, and scare off bad guys. This case holds everything very secure and has a soft foam piece that fits over the camera. This and the fact you can leave the props on during transport helped me choose this one. The other is the way the radio is placed in the case which doesn't put stress on the antennas. Being water proof is nice, but I'm more interested in keeping dust out of my aircraft. Having wheels is nice but loaded it's only about 20lbs. I could also use the Force to move it, if need be.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj