Show off your custom built drones!

Reaction score
I'm already getting the bug, so I would love to see photos/videos of your 'home grown' drones and the specifications of what you built it from, lift capacity, etc. (or, just photos!). I need ideas for FPV, too, if you added that.

i feel like this is a great thread that should have more than 0 replies and the only reply shouldn't be stating that this thread should have more than 0 replies.....

what gives.

its like no one posts here just reads. ... :? :?:

senior members? or mods? someone should post.... when i build my p2 this weekend with fpv setup ill update this thread.. :ugeek:

Here's one i built over a year ago.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzwdeX1RCWM[/youtube]

capodrone81 said:
i feel like this is a great thread that should have more than 0 replies and the only reply shouldn't be stating that this thread should have more than 0 replies.....

what gives.

Maybe the problem is that some people post BEFORE they read?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=539

that post was from 2013 you linked to maybe it should be a sticky instead?? thanks for the link though..team work!!!! :)

just went through all 30 pages.. some neat things. well worth the sticky IMO.

capodrone81 said:

what gives.

senior members? or mods? someone should post.... when i build my p2 this weekend with fpv setup ill update this thread.. :ugeek:

And I will appreciate it when you do post your photos! I thought more would reply, too. Maybe only a few here, build.

eckoner said:

Thanks, I enjoyed it.

varmint said:
capodrone81 said:

what gives.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=539

Sarcastic message received.

Lighten up - that wasn't sarcasm
Varmint was just concisely stating fact and pointing the OP to a post that had everything he was wanting to see.

varmint said:
capodrone81 said:

what gives.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=539

No, maybe the problem is that some CANT read.

The OP started this thread asking for 'home grown' drones, and specifically asked for things like lift capacity, parts used, etc etc.

Varmint then linked to a thread showing how people have tricked out their phantoms.....

Reactions: GMayberry
Meta4 said:
Varmint was just concisely stating fact and pointing the OP to a post that had everything he was wanting to see.

Actually, Varmint missed the mark by pointing the OP to a post that had nothing to do with what the OP asked for.

she lives!

ThatHPIguy great youtube video, thanks for tutorial!!

anti interferance board installed next to naza inside shell using oem screw points
com port relocated inside shell to naza board
iosdmini installed inside shell.

imersion tx only wire outside shell, with zenmuse cable.

more to come but that all for now happy flying!

Attachments

• 20150103_134615_resized.jpg
    20150103_134615_resized.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 530
Meta4 said:

Well, how do you know what he meant? :)

There are nicer ways of getting the same point across. But, life is too short to stay upset and I'm not, for the record! :)

eckoner said:

i'm confused as to why it has an 82nd Airborne Division patch on the top of the shell, but says US Air Force on the sides... I believe the 82nd has always been Army, not Air Force or Army Air Corps.

Actually, maybe I was a bit off, by asking for pictures and information on custom built drones, on a "Phantom" forum. But, there are a lot of smart people here and I thought some of you would have built a custom drone, even if it doesn't come close to a Phantom.

It will be my first project, whenever I get my darn 3D printer set up and after I learn the software! I guarantee it won't come close to a Phantom. Built, I WILL build one that will!

If you have, please share. Even if it is just a handful!

Waterproof floating quad. Dex carbon fiber shell, DJI 2312 motors, E300 mark II ESC's, 9450 props, NAZA M2 with GPS, Phantom receiver, Feiyu-tech 2-axis gimbal, GoPro Black 3+.
Total weight 1200g with 2800 mah battery, 10 minutes flight time.
Total weight 1250g with 4000 mah battery, 12 minutes flight time.
More photos and info here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2219510
The gimbal is waterproof and the Gopro will soon be as well.

Attachments

• a7392859-155-dex lg.jpg
    a7392859-155-dex lg.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 416
  • CFDex air.jpg
    CFDex air.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 483
  • CFDex driveway.jpg
    CFDex driveway.jpg
    461.9 KB · Views: 433

Recent Posts