Shout out for GOOD PRODUCTS FOR THE P4

Reaction score
I want to just spend a moment to talk about where my hard earned cash has been spent well on my sexy bird 'the p4'.
I first wanted to increase the range as I was getting signal lost and rth being activate and freezing pictures on the display device (S5).
Solution: I was going to invest in the square/rectangular contraption that meant unbolting the controller and drilling holes but was reluctant to do this. I purchased the reflectors at under £20 that are gold and literally slip over the existing antennas. I HIGHLY recommend these as my range is now as far as the battery will take me with no lag EVER and no unexpected RTH. The only downside (which isn't for me) is the curved reflectors are directional.

Next review:
I wanted a tablet that would work without issues so I could see more of the detail of the bird in flight so first tried the Samsung tab 3 - what a joke! Was scared to take off as the lag was that bad, next for my Xmas pressie I asked for the Asus zenpad 8.0 which has 2gb ram and a better processor. Took it to park and got about 1000ft away and holy crap!! The DJI app crashed and I poo'd my pants. I quickly connect my s5 phone and hoped to God the RTH was successful... I waited for several minutes looking ahead but nothing until I could hear a buzz from above where she was desending as expected (I'd forgotten the rth altitude was set to 500m). I then after seeing another review went for the ipad mini 4 (I'd hate apple products btw). The Ipad has been a dream and something to aim for 100%. Definitely worth the investment.

Keith.

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes been on the same journey, cheap windsurfers,£5 on ebay, and the ipad mini 4 (not so cheap on ebay), in my opinion is the best result.
Also confirm I am an Apple hater, apart from the edible ones.

Reactions: sparky1111
I'm also in the market for the reflectors to increase the range but I'm not sure which ones to get. There are sooooo many different companies making them on Amazon.

Also want to pick up a hood for my iPhone 7 Plus but again... sooooo many different companies to choose from.

I'm also in the market for the reflectors to increase the range but I'm not sure which ones to get. There are sooooo many different companies making them on Amazon.

Also want to pick up a hood for my iPhone 7 Plus but again... sooooo many different companies to choose from.
Skyreat mine are. From Amazon.
Regards.

Sent from my P00A using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was looking at these. It seems almost too simple to be true. Do you have to hold the RC so it is facing the drone, or is something in the general direction ok?

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was looking at these. It seems almost too simple to be true. Do you have to hold the RC so it is facing the drone, or is something in the general direction ok?

I am planning on buying a set to see what sort of improvement they can make on my range and the impression I have from other posters is that windsurfers are definitely much more directional than the standard antenna. Therefore I would expect that at distance it would be fairly sensitive to receiver orientation.

I thought it would be pretty strict with the direction but I found so longs as your facing that way you get no problems. The only minor issue I had and I mean minor is it is a little tight over the antenna as it gets to the base, however I can live with this.

Sent from my P00A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi sparky1111, I also have the gold reflector dishes for my P3 and as well as having extended range I also
found that my video does not stop recording anymore it used to stop regularly I still had video feed but
would cut out the recording I know it sounds strange but the proof was that the dishes fixed it.
cheers, JV

Reactions: sparky1111

I have installed the Skyreat reflectors onto my controller. This will double your range. The Skyreat are copper coated most other brands are not. However, I'm not sure if the copper make any difference or not. But I can assure you the Skyreat works! It will be the best 20 bucks you'll ever spend. I also went a step further and upgraded my controller with the "Itelite" antenna conversion. This is probably the best antenna you can use. So far I have gone 2 miles out and still had a solid signal. Installing this antenna is not for the faint of heart because you have to open the modify the controller. But it works well. I used the Maxx clean install kit so that I didn't have to drill holes in the controller. Looks good and works great!

Hi sparky1111, I also have the gold reflector dishes for my P3 and as well as having extended range I also
found that my video does not stop recording anymore it used to stop regularly I still had video feed but
would cut out the recording I know it sounds strange but the proof was that the dishes fixed it.
cheers, JV
Gr8 stuff. Next the software patch to override the height restriction.

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub