Should you wait to purchase P4

Reaction score
I am going to purchase my first DJI, I've had the Beebop from Parrot, and want to jump on the P4. However, given all the horrors I've heard with customer service at DJI, does it make sense to wait until the first couple of firmware / software updates are released? Are their first versions usually buggy?

Perhaps you can tell me what your experience was with their first version drones incorporating new technology (like obstacle avoidance). Also, I understand no SDK has been released to allow developers to update and test their apps. I assume those first versions will contain bugs as well.

So... buy the bleeding edge...or wait a few months?

If you want to play it safe, you should probably buy a Phantom 2 (or even a Phantom 1). Those models are more stable than the Phantom 3 and (mostly like) the yet to be released Phantom 4. This is a very complex flying machine. Expecting perfection is not realistic.

When it comes to tech, I'm no early adopter. I wait a bit to hear and read reviews of shortcomings. IMO, if you aren't in a hurry, wait a couple months after the P4 has been out before buying one. See if it lives up to the expectations or at least your expectations...

Reactions: DougS

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj