Should you use gimbal guards ?

Reaction score
I did a search an it seems like a lot of people use them. I would like to use them too. But comma. I had read on another forum that DJI does not recommend them, and it will void your warranty. What is the general consensuses on this forum ?

I think if dji didn't want you to use them, they wouldn't ship it with one. I think it's good to use so the gimble doesn't flop around and get damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I think if dji didn't want you to use them, they wouldn't ship it with one. I think it's good to use so the gimble doesn't flop around and get damaged.

Those are gimbal locks. Gimbal guards mount between the landing feet and help prevent objects from hitting the camera when you land.

Ah i stand corrected. I have heard them called both but anywhoo... i personally don't use them. Usually i land somewhere flat so the camera doesn't hit anyting... if i can't land somewhere flat i just hand catch it.

I have them on both my P3A & P3P - I find they help protect when landing on longer grass etc if I don't hand catch. Until they save from damage you won't know if they are useful right? Inexpensive, light - I would & do use.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

They interfere with the gimbal lock so you can't leave it on permanently. Much better imo to get a set of Polarpro landing legs which provide more ground clearance and also some shock absorbency on landing as they will flex slightly. Note: Do NOT buy the knock off versions on ebay or elsewhere as they don't fit the on the legs properly.

The P4 has a more powerful VPS system, versus P3. It's more sensitive, and gets echos from gimbal guards mounted below. As a result most of the gimbal guards cause a 40'-60' yoyo on the P4, random up and down while in a hover. So if you plan on buying one, make sure you can return it, no questions asked, because you'll likely want to return it.

I have one mounted right under the gimbal and does perfectly the job without altering the proper operation of the VPS.
IMG_2062.JPG

Mine are on permanently & they do not interfere with anything - you need to mount them carefully to avoid Gimbal but it's not difficult to do.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues