Should PhantomPilots be renamed??

Reaction score
Uhh oh...now what? With the release of the new DJI Mavic should PhantomPilots be renamed as DJIPilots or something similar?

My practically new P4 is already old news. :(

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
I guess it's too soon to know for sure, but I have serious doubts that the Phantom line is dead. Just wait until March when the Phantom 5 comes out. You'll be like Mavic who?

Reactions: Fishie and Erised
The Mavic of quads is like the Miata of cars.

Pretty sweet for a grab and go though. I use a wheelchair so handling the P4 without whacking the camera on my legs is tricky. I do like the collapsibility, further transmission distance, and 1080p video OTA. Plus the transmitter is pretty sweet looking too IMO. So compact!

Reactions: Fishie
I guess I better fly mine when nobody is looking then... ;)
635418566423611079coveringeyes.gif

65941808.jpg

Don't let a sneak announcement make you feel bad. Fly your P4 like a man! Mavic's are chick drones! Just my opinion. PS. I see moderators already added a Mavic forum.
No it's just a section to keep all the Mavic threads in one spot like the P4 section .
And to say it's a chicks drone might be a little off .Or was last time I looked .

Reactions: auen1
Pretty sweet for a grab and go though. I use a wheelchair so handling the P4 without whacking the camera on my legs is tricky. I do like the collapsibility, further transmission distance, and 1080p video OTA. Plus the transmitter is pretty sweet looking too IMO. So compact!

The fact that this bird is compact and light has it's advantages and in your case Fishie this quad could make things a bit easier. I'm sure you can handle a P4 just fine and sometimes making things more enjoyable just because it's less of job just to carry around is worth every penny. My P4 with all the extras is 2 big casses and at times I find lugging these things to the car a hastle.

Reactions: Fishie
I've got too much invested into my P4 for now to dump it. I see the Mavic as a racing drone/P4 hybrid. The Mavis FOV is considerably left and where do you put a tablet? Aside from using goggles, it will be harder to frame shots IMO.

It'll be interesting to see how much of a racer it really is. The Mavic's top speed is slower than the Phantom 4.

I am sure the Mavic will be a nice bird to fly and it has it's place, a very small place at that. I would like one to add to my collection of rc just because of it's portability but it will never replace my P4, just for the way and places I land. Flying a quad with your cell phone............well.........not for me. You can use the remote yes but when they advertise it that it is so easy that you can do it with your phone, I can see a whole bunch of consumers trying it out a smacking into people and things. I AM A PHANTOM PILOT

Uhh oh...now what? With the release of the new DJI Mavic should PhantomPilots be renamed as DJIPilots or something similar?

P4 is still good. Better camera and faster.
The bigger question is.... if this is called the PRO version, then what else is up DJI's sleeves?? Is there going to be an 'IPhone S-like' version of Mavic with an 8K camera??

Mavic's are chick drones!
Toyota Prius has been called "a panty on wheels". So maybe the Mavic is "a panty with propellers"! LOL!

My P4 arrived last Thursday.
But the Mavik is aimed at the 'run and gun' crowd of narcissistic selfie-mongers. It's the on-the-go drone for your active lifestyle.
The Phantom series seems more targeted to those looking at getting the best quality videos without costing a small fortune. I imagine we'll see more years of both the Phantom series and the Mavik series as new versions are released. And I've no doubt each will leapfrog the other in terms of capability as they improve in design.

I'll be content with my P4 until they offer one with a camera that can zoom and adjust the aperture.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4