Should I wait for after CES to order?

Even if a Phantom 4 would be presented, what possible features would motivate people to pay more if the pro has already a video resolution that a lot of people don't need? Personally I'd like an optical zoom and at least 16 MB stills, but the first would probably take a minute or two from the flight time, due to the extra weight. It would be nice to have retracting landing gears and a 360 gimbal, but I don't think that DJI would shot itself in the foot and use the Inspire 1 as a doorstopper.
Look at Yuneecs announcement at CES. Collision avoidance, Typhoon H hexicopter, retracts with 360 degree camera like Inspire, folding motor pods. $1799. All it needs is Lightbridge and I'd be interested. These are things people are attracted to.

Reactions: Καλλιστώ
I have been waiting for 2 weeks for delivery of P3P. Just got an email it is on back order.
I see all the phantoms on sale except the pro. Maybe this is why.
Did you order from DJI? I had an order through last week and was still waiting on shipment as of yesterday but I ended up cancelling and reordering to get the better price. Figure $200 is worth the extra week and battery I can get with the money I save

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm sending in my pre-Order for the P4.
It's rumored to be well worth the wait with the numerous improvements

As the gentleman from Greece said, more or less, what P4? They are bringing out the new inspire at a very high cost but it wont stay in the air as long. Will it be worth it for the choice of cameras? Personally I would not think so.

If you could show us the details of this new P4 I am sure we would all be very interested.

Did you order from DJI? I had an order through last week and was still waiting on shipment as of yesterday but I ended up cancelling and reordering to get the better price. Figure $200 is worth the extra week and battery I can get with the money I save

FWIW, I ordered a P3A from DJI website last night (Europe/Switzerland). Just got an email saying it was shipped this morning.

FWIW, I ordered a P3A from DJI website last night (Europe/Switzerland). Just got an email saying it was shipped this morning.

That's quick... I wish my would ship that quick! Called just to get an estimated time after payment was confirmed and they said possibly on the 10th if they don't get behind!

Yeah I was surprised to get the email and DHL tracking number. Shipping directly from China, so I'm assuming it's the latest and greatest model from the factory.

Hmmmm silly me. I got one offered from China too. But I declined it. I forgot thats where they actually make them.

Anyway had an email to say mine is on its way. Hopefully here Friday, failing that Monday. New SD cards on their way too. All I need is batteries now. Cheapest I can find is £104 or one from China at £79 I dismissed that one because of the light slots at the front. They are Y shaped instead of straight slots. Take a look, link below to Ebay site picture

4500mAh 15.2V 4S Intelligent Flight Battery DJI Phantom 3 & Phantom 3 Standard look at the last picture in the row.

I too have had my DHL tracking number. So its on its way. Currently in Birmingham which is around 30 miles from where I live. So I may get it by tomorrow. We will see.

P.S NOT Birmingham Alabama ;)

Yeah I was surprised to get the email and DHL tracking number. Shipping directly from China, so I'm assuming it's the latest and greatest model from the factory.

I too got an email today. Mine is shipping FedEx and I was extremely surprised it went out early. Mine is coming from California and should be here Monday:) If it does come then I will be able to honestly say I am impressed with DJI. Had low expectations for their speed/service but it has been EXCELLENT the whole way through. Confirmed with someone over the phone that it would for sure be the new model with new shell/new motors. Extremely excited for its arrival!

I remember similar excitement over last year's Phantom killer....the Tali 500. Didn't quite live up to the hype...

Look at Yuneecs announcement at CES. Collision avoidance, Typhoon H hexicopter, retracts with 360 degree camera like Inspire, folding motor pods. $1799. All it needs is Lightbridge and I'd be interested. These are things people are attracted to.

I would not recommend new comers to buy a dji product . I own a p3. While the product is great, the upcoming enforcing of geo fencing BY dji is a big problem. Save your money and buy from another manufacturer who doesn't dictates who can fly when and where.

I'm going to throw this out there ... Price drop + New Lower price option + Sale = Moving stock for something new ... Just a wild guess

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers