Should i upgrade the P3A FW and the RC? I am on 1.4.10

Reaction score
I have not flown for about 5 months and the bird is on FW 1.4.10, the RC on FW 1.3.20 and the GO app on android is on 2.3.0. Never had an issue before with this combo and planning to go calibrate my compass as it has de-calibrated (value shows about 2000 thats not good) but not planning to calibrate IMU. Is this ok to fly once i re-calibrate the compas only?
By the way what are the best IMU values? I know for the compass the value should be around 1500.
Should i upgrade the FW of the bird and the RC?
If yes Can i jump from the FWs i am on to the latest once via the auto update on the DJI go app? App is asking me to upgrade.

If yes Can i jump from the FWs i am on to the latest once via the auto update on the DJI go app?
Yes. If needed, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

I would poke around the forums to decide if you want to chance a firmware update. I updated mine and have not been happy since...but that's my story... perhaps yours will be favorable???

I have not flown for about 5 months and the bird is on FW 1.4.10, the RC on FW 1.3.20 and the GO app on android is on 2.3.0. Never had an issue before with this combo and planning to go calibrate my compass as it has de-calibrated (value shows about 2000 thats not good) but not planning to calibrate IMU. Is this ok to fly once i re-calibrate the compas only?
By the way what are the best IMU values? I know for the compass the value should be around 1500.
Should i upgrade the FW of the bird and the RC?
If yes Can i jump from the FWs i am on to the latest once via the auto update on the DJI go app? App is asking me to upgrade.
Gyroscope Mod: 0.00
Acceleration Mod: 1.00
Compass Mod: 1400-1600

Also, since you've already had USB issues just powering up I would suggest you fly for a bit with your current versions to be sure all is fine. That way you are confident it was all good before you introduce variables like new firmware. Good luck sir.

Reactions: Fplvert
Should i upgrade?

Nope

Still on 1.3.002 here since last September, flies great and still at full speed

I too, am just getting back into flying my P3 Pro after 7 months. I have FW 1.4.10 and RC 1.4.30. I also use Ultimate Flight. I'd like to keep this old version for flights in canyons and mountains so I can stay within 400' of ground but more than 400' higher than take off point.
Are there any UF users still with FW 1.4 and can they do all the updates like POI, Follow plus take 180 degree spherical pictures etc?

A lot of people would give their right arm to still have 1.4! It's renowned as the best firmware. I run 1.4 and won't be budging unless something amazing comes via firmware.
I keep waiting for a pissed off programmer to break DJI infrastructure so we can apply any firmware we may have had in the past, I bet ppl would pay money for that I know I would!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav