Should I update?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

It's been a long time since I stopped using my P3P, after summer, I put it under my bed and... see you again baby.. :(

I finally used it two days ago in the countryside and suddenly remembered how marvelous this bird was... :cool:
I also remembered about some update info, and as I'm still runing the old DJI app, (not even DJI GO) and my P3A still 1.1.9 (I think so) I thought it would be logical to evolve at this point. :D

Is the current 1.4.0010 firmware stable? Did you notice serious glitches? Should I update??

Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited:
I was on the same firmware as you. 1.1.9 (it was flying spot on) anyway I did the update and it is fantastic no problems at all, the new features are great. do it.. I did this video today on the new firmware.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was on the same firmware as you. 1.1.9 (it was flying spot on) anyway I did the update and it is fantastic no problems at all, the new features are great. do it.. I did this video today on the new firmware.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Awesome video, thanks for the reply :)

Yeah the latest firmware is stable - I mean - it's up to you whether you want to update - and you'll need to update your controller separately to 1.3.2... but for all the new features... yeah I would update.

Sorry to "slightly" HiJack the thread but is there a dedicated "Sticky" or something where we can go quickly see what the latest & greatest FW for our devices (controller, battery, aircraft) are?

Reactions: ImJim
Yeah the latest firmware is stable - I mean - it's up to you whether you want to update - and you'll need to update your controller separately to 1.3.2... but for all the new features... yeah I would update.
I didn't check the new features... Is there POI and follow me as promised this summer? :)

Err.. Guys? How do I update batteries separately? :D Power on the drone with the same BIN file w/ the battery that needs update?

WOW, my bird is currently making a continuous ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ with solid red light indicator.. Did the update fail ??

EDIT: it's all fine now, update is a success, now my new problem is the controller. the led is still read after 3 mins...

Last edited:
With the fw 1.4.0010 you can use Litchi app. The Ground station is awesome! You can also use Google cardboard VR glass for fpv video

WOW, my bird is currently making a continuous ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ with solid red light indicator.. Did the update fail ??

Not sure what you're describing with the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - can you take a video of it? Also what indicator are you talking about (the led's on the arm or the light on the gimbal)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic