P3 Firmware Should I update my firmware?

Reaction score
Hi.
I'm really a n00b pilot, flew my P3S for the 3rd/4th time just yesterday...

Whenever I start the DJI Go App - it says I should update my firmware (And the weird thing - sometimes it shows in red, preventing me to takeoff, and sometimes it just disappear after few seconds..)

Normally - I'd love to do it, but I read some post that made me concern about it - I read about guys that suddenly there's was no signal after upgrading, and I read about even common bug - something about that the gimbal card was burned down during upgrade??

So, right now - I don't know what to do. Should I upgrade, or shouldn't I?
What are the benefits of upgrading, anyway? Does it enlarge the Phantom range, or something like that?

P.S. - just to mention: my current version, according to the Go App, is: 1.3.50+

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Please enjoy flying for a month or so and when you get experience with all the features and processes think calmly if you want to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thank you for your reply, but I don't see what a month of flying will give me, considering firmware upgrading.

It's not that I haven't flown any drone before, I did, and I'm feeling pretty self-confidence with the P3S now, even after 3-4 flights. I flew cheap-Chinese drones before, which were much harder to control than the P3.

I know I'll have to fly more to get more experienced, I just don't understand what is this have to do with the questions I asked:
What are the benefits of upgrading? What are the risks?

If you are confident of the upgrading process, go ahead and update. Advantage is that if there were software defects, they will be fixed. Based on the feedback from many users one may face issues during upgrade process, though I never faced it. It's your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Never change a running system! When the Phatom 3 came out they made usefull updates for example a throttle for flying at cold conditions or for the camera. Now you only get useless updates for other dji products such as osmo gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj