Should I update firmware

Reaction score
My P3 A is only one month old as of 7/10. When I go into DJI App (android), it indicates that FW 1.1.5 is what is on it. So far, I'am happy with the way it flies and am wondering it there is any reason to update to 1.2.8.

If I do update, will I have to go incrementally or can I go straight from 1.1.5 to 1.2.8?

Does your Phantom fly good? If so, don't do the update. Newer software isn't always better. The app on mine keeps bugging me to update my P3P but I refuse to because it flies perfect as is.

My P3 A is only one month old as of 7/10. When I go into DJI App (android), it indicates that FW 1.1.5 is what is on it. So far, I'am happy with the way it flies and am wondering it there is any reason to update to 1.2.8.

If I do update, will I have to go incrementally or can I go straight from 1.1.5 to 1.2.8?
You can go from 1.1.5 to 1.1.9 to 1.2.8-- I don't believe you can go from 1.1.5 to 1.2.8.

There have been issues on some upgrading to 1.2.8-- and DJI is supposed to be coming out with a "fix all" soon-- the word on the street. I am still at 1.1.9 with no issues and plan to stay there until the "fix all" comes out. If you are flying with no issues, I would recommend not upgrading firmware just yet. There are varying opinions on this forum regarding that-- so you will have to make up your own mind. IMHO, "don't try to fix it if it is not broke"

I think I will just leave it alone on 1.1.5. It seems to fly well for me. I have the HDMI board on the way to hopefully deal with the video lag. I see too many posting problems with updates. Thanks for your input guys.

Update to 1.1.8 or 1.1.9, they are available for dl at Dji. Most people love 1.1.8, my p3p came with 1.1.9. No prob. Don't do 1.2.8

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik