Should I trade my vision for a vision plus? Or get a gimbal

Reaction score
Hellos guys I'm sure there are a lot of these but I'm really debating about retuning my vision and getting a vision plus which cost way more (400 more) in my case. I can still return it.

I'm very happy with my vision since adding the RE700 but I notice the gimbal on the plus is much smoother and videos look much stable compared to the vision. I'm starting an aerial photography business and some of my real estate clients want videos but I'm embarrassed that my vision shakes a lot.

Should I ditch it and get the vision plus or get a nice gimbal fitted for my vision??
I do have the RE700 the only other thing is the 3 axis thing which I don't really care about, I really just want stable videos that look more presentable.

Also if I get the vision plus my RE700 would be a waste.

First world problems eh?

Thanks

Re: Should I trade my vision for a vision plus? Or get a gim

Haven't been able to get 1 yet but RPG is what I would get and am gonna get 1 !! Guess it really depends on what you are planning on doing with it . I love my Vision and it takes some hard blows and from what I have read in here it's a little tougher than the +'s gimbal . JMO

I have to agree with Dirk on the RPG gimbal for your P2V. It made a fantastic difference in the quality of the video on my P2V. Several have made comments on crashes with the RPG and it was not damaged. Unlike the P2V+ that most crashes and it (gimbal) is toast.
You may want to check on using it as you mentioned. Commercial use of a quad(drone)is not a legal operation. Only a very select few have been allowed so far.

Happyflyer said:
I have to agree with Dirk on the RPG gimbal for your P2V. It made a fantastic difference in the quality of the video on my P2V. Several have made comments on crashes with the RPG and it was not damaged. Unlike the P2V+ that most crashes and it (gimbal) is toast.
You may want to check on using it as you mentioned. Commercial use of a quad(drone)is not a legal operation. Only a very select few have been allowed so far.

yeah I did hear about the legality of drones for commercial use but I've been low key about it and I'm doing it as a hobby. we will know this year if the FAA will fully ban it. vision plus camera is FRAGILE from what I'm hearing. the vision camera is a tank!

dirkclod said:
Haven't been able to get 1 yet but RPG is what I would get and am gonna get 1 !! Guess it really depends on what you are planning on doing with it . I love my Vision and it takes some hard blows and from what I have read in here it's a little tougher than the +'s gimbal . JMO

RPG gimbal is awesome but its super expensive !! are there any good gimbals out there that are much cheaper? i seen some on ebay but idk if they are legit or not.

dirkclod said:
JIMO I wouldn't have anything else but the RPG .

what do u think of the china made brushless gimbals? i don't see any how to install videos about it but other than that ppl seem to be okay.

also im not finding were i can by the taco 2d brushless gimbal or the 3d power gimbal whats up with that. google searches only take me to forums not sellers lol

moswissa said:
dirkclod said:
JIMO I wouldn't have anything else but the RPG .

what do u think of the china made brushless gimbals? i don't see any how to install videos about it but other than that ppl seem to be okay.

also im not finding were i can by the taco 2d brushless gimbal or the 3d power gimbal whats up with that. google searches only take me to forums not sellers lol

moswissa I really don't know anything about the gimbals you just spoke of . All the ones I just looked at were on e-bay and were not for a P2V Camera . I know that folks use them with other model Phantoms and probably have great luck with some of them I was just speaking on what I would do with the non + P2V .

Another RPG user here. Within a few seconds I noticed the difference. The preview on the phone was so smooth I thought the app had crashed. Only had a couple of flights and the difference is night and day. Just a bit of tweaking for the jello and it's perfect.

Along with the Re700 and the new transmitter (with the dial) I think mine's maybe better than a plus, and stronger.

Cyclone said:
Another RPG user here. Within a few seconds I noticed the difference. The preview on the phone was so smooth I thought the app had crashed. Only had a couple of flights and the difference is night and day. Just a bit of tweaking for the jello and it's perfect.

Along with the Re700 and the new transmitter (with the dial) I think mine's maybe better than a plus, and stronger.

Nice !
He much did u pay for the RPG? And was the new tx plug and play or did you need to modify it?

All ya have to do to use that TX is Bind it to your bird .
And in assistant switch to Upgraded one .

dirkclod said:

Do you REALLY think your Phantom can carry a Rocket Propelled GrenadeI!!! I need to call Obama, right now! :)

PhantomFanatic said:
dirkclod said:

Do you REALLY think your Phantom can carry a Rocket Propelled Gredade?? I need to call Obama, right now! :)
:lol: Ya won't be able to get him right now as he is on the golf course ;)

dirkclod said:
PhantomFanatic said:
dirkclod said:

Do you REALLY think your Phantom can carry a Rocket Propelled Gredade?? I need to call Obama, right now! :)

So, that is where you intend to hit him with your RPG! Gotta go make another call.

It's irritating how some drone flyers make the Rocket Propelled Grenade hobbyists look bad.

Clipper707 said:
It's irritating how some drone flyers make the Rocket Propelled Grenade hobbyists look bad.
:lol: Guess I will just spelling it out before the secret service comes looking for me :shock:

dirkclod said:

I think it's a good idea; strongly considering it myself. The advantage I see is the P2V has the free Ground Station function, so adding RPG to P2V almost turns it into a P2 H3-3D with Lightbridge for about half the price. If nothing else, it's a simpler package. It sure beats taking a loss selling the P2V on eBay.

Also, if you've knocked a camera out of the mounts (who hasn't?), the mount fasteners are a nice extra feature of the RPG (available separately for $15, I see).

dirkclod said:
PhantomFanatic said:
....Or giving away a billion or two that we had to borrow 1/2 of it before we could give it away..... :x

Timtro said:
dirkclod said:

I think it's a good idea; strongly considering it myself. The advantage I see is the P2V has the free Ground Station function, so adding RPG to P2V almost turns it into a P2 H3-3D with Lightbridge for about half the price. If nothing else, it's a simpler package. It sure beats taking a loss selling the P2V on eBay.

Also, if you've knocked a camera out of the mounts (who hasn't?), the mount fasteners are a nice extra feature of the RPG (available separately for $15, I see).

im debating on getting the H3-3d but its an entirely different drone plus i gotta buy the FPV kit. do you think the RPG is worth it compared to the H3. you're right about the ground station too. I'm still debating.

RPG is on sale for 389. i don't know for how long

It's been on sale for months :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues