Should I trade my P3 pro for a P4

Reaction score
I have flown a P3 pro several times and have been very impressed with the drone. For Christmas I received a P3 pro and was wondering if its worth paying $200.00difference to get a P4. I have been told that the camera differences are minimal between the P4 and the P3pro but that the flying range distance is better on the P3 pro.Hve any of you had a P3 pro prior to having the P4? Is it worth the change or would I be better off spending the money and buying some extra batteries for theP3 pro. ( at present I have one extra P3 battery)

If someone wants to buy a P3P I will ask why are you not buying P4. P4 is little better flying machine with built in redundancies for critical items. Features wise it may not be that different than P3P. Have you looked at P4 refurbished items from DJI?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

My gift was bought at Best Buy so I would just take it back and pay the $200 difference.

If it were me I'd stick with the 3. You have an extra battery & the difference is minimal.
But its your choice & money

Keep the p3p and be happy with it. Very nice drone.

My wife got me a Phantom 3 professional for Christmas. She found out about the Phantom 4 and she let me upgrade. I love the 4 but the 3 was great too. I just like the few extra features.

I had a P3P for 6 months before crashing it. Replaced it with a P4 and honestly regret it. To me the obstacle avoidance is annoying. I have to turn it off most flights because I can't get close enough to where I take off and land for example. The camera is no better IMO and the range is MUCH less where I fly. Keep the P3 and love it. Its awesome.

I had a P3P for 6 months before crashing it. Replaced it with a P4 and honestly regret it. To me the obstacle avoidance is annoying. I have to turn it off most flights because I can't get close enough to where I take off and land for example. The camera is no better IMO and the range is MUCH less where I fly. Keep the P3 and love it. Its awesome.
Is the range much less because of using the same batteries in a heavier craft? Do you think you would have crashed the P3P if you would have had obstacle avoidance ?

Last edited:
Is the range much less because of using the same batteries in a heavier craft? Do you think you would have crashed the P3P if you would have had obstacle avoidance ?
Yeah I crashed flying 45 degrees backward into a tree without branches. Possibly the P4P could have saved me.....

As for the range, I have nothing scientific. I have 4 or 5 spots I fly most often and I constantly lose video now where I didn't before. My house, for example, is on 3 acres and surrounded by tall trees and state land. With the P3A and P I could fly a square mile around my house no problem at 150ft. Now I can't cover the same ground at 400 ft. The most disappointing thing for me is the range. I think the range is less because they lowered the power from the transmitter (I think). It's back up on the P4P. I assume from complaints.

Thanks for all you replies. I will keep my P3 pro.
I don't think you'll be disappointed sir.

If you are interested, click here for several tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners.

Cheers!

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik