Should I trade in my P3P for the P4? No I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
After a crash (100% my fault) I was anxious to buy another P3P and get back in the air. (I do tutorials for color and grading Phantom footage on my YouTube channel.) With rumors of a “special announcement” by DJI coming in a few weeks…I waited. Enter Phantom 4. It's cool…you bet…absolutely. But the same camera. Really? Honestly "the camera" is the only reason I started flying quads.... four quads ago.

So…I can get back in the air for $999 shooting the same quality footage. Or (after extra batteries, hardshell case, etc.) I can get back in the air for about $2300…shooting the same quality footage? No thanks. I'm good.

Well written article that made be feel even more confident in my decision to reluctantly forego the P4.
Feeling bad about your Phantom 3? read this!

Well written article that made be feel even more confident in my decision to reluctantly forego the P4.
Maybe it's just me, but it seems that article is secretly trying to get people to buy the Phantom 4 :)

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that article is secretly trying to get people to buy the Phantom 4 :)
Yep could be but that's why I appreciated the article. No bashing or crazy talk. Just some honest facts. If the P4 was my first leap into the drone/video world... I'd have been $1400 in debt... yesterday!

Last edited:
After a crash (100% my fault) I was anxious to buy another P3P and get back in the air. (I do tutorials for color and grading Phantom footage on my YouTube channel.) With rumors of a “special announcement” by DJI coming in a few weeks…I waited. Enter Phantom 4. It's cool…you bet…absolutely. But the same camera. Really? Honestly "the camera" is the only reason I started flying quads.... four quads ago.

So…I can get back in the air for $999 shooting the same quality footage. Or (after extra batteries, hardshell case, etc.) I can get back in the air for about $2300…shooting the same quality footage? No thanks. I'm good.

Feeling bad about your Phantom 3? read this!
I own both the P3A and the P4....for the money, and unless you need collision avoidance, the P3A is a much, much bigger bang for the buck. Battery endurance on the 100gm heavier P4 is way overrated in my opinion. Based on my flying habits, the P4 amounts to about 2 extra minutes in reality.

Reactions: JBJO
I own both the P3A and the P4....for the money, and unless you need collision avoidance, the P3A is a much, much bigger bang for the buck. Battery endurance on the 100gm heavier P4 is way overrated in my opinion. Based on my flying habits, the P4 amounts to about 2 extra minutes in reality.

Well then, want to trade your P4 for a new P3P?

I could have went with the P3P for 799 brand new. This was my first professional drone purchase. I went with the P4! :)

Reactions: Cale262
I sold my P3P with all of its accessories and bought my P4 with the same accessories and now I'm only out an extra $700, feels fair to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31