Should I tell my Pro Photo Insurance Broker about my DJI

Reaction score
on one hand I would like to add my DJI Phantom Vision Plus to my list of equipment that is already insured for loss. I have over $2000 invested. But the same company, a company that specializes in insuring photographers and film makers, TCP Insurance, might raise my liability insurance premium if they find out I have a "drone."

anyone have any experience with this?

thanks

I also have commercial insurance specifically tailored to photographers and film makers. I contacted my agent and they specifically do not cover aerial operations. I had to get a different policy specifically for commercial UAV operations. I elected to not cover replacement of the equipment so I have only the liability coverage I'm required by law to carry here in Canada for commercial work. I realize you are in the US, but the insurance industry is very similar. My suggestion is to talk to them - there is no other way to know for sure. If they'll cover you for this work, they'll tell you so and tell you if it will cost more. My guess is they probably won't cover it. On the other hand, if they do provide coverage but you choose not to pay the extra premium, you will know for sure that your current policy isn't going to pay out if you tried to make a claim for anything related to the UAV operation, whether it was loss or damage to the aircraft, or a liability claim.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers