Should I Spring for Lightroom? One time cost or Monthly

Reaction score
So, I am trying to decide if I should spring for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. I can get 6 by itself for $142 through Amazon or $9.99/month through Adobe Cloud. That will also get me access to Photoshop and a couple other products they offer for photo editing.

So, is it worth getting and what is the best option, one time or monthly? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am going with the monthly option. I am on a 30 day free trial period right now but will subscribe as soon as it is up. For me it makes sense. Will get access to both Lightroom and Photoshop and will get any new updates as they come out as part of the monthly fee.

Reactions: Nickster
I am going with the monthly option. I am on a 30 day free trial period right now but will subscribe as soon as it is up. For me it makes sense. Will get access to both Lightroom and Photoshop and will get any new updates as they come out as part of the monthly fee.

Eric,

I downloaded the software and started the 30 day trial. I am going to play with it some this week and after I get my photos, which I plan on taking a lot of, this weekend. I think I am probably going to go with this too. I like what you can get with it. I just need to play with it to see how to post edit. I am exited to see what RAW images are like in it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: eric0669
I had the same dilemma...
Tried the trial version after a colleague and long time user recommended it.
Looked at the monthly fee and don't need Photoshop (I use GIMP for editing) so took the plunge and paid for the serial number.
Huge learning curve but great results from a very amateur user

I use an older version of PhotoDirector. Point is, some times you can pick up an older version for a far lower price. For me, works just as good.

The good point about Ps en LS are that there are tens of thousands good tutorials on the Net and especially on YouTube.
For beginners, intermediates and for advanced users.

Reactions: Nickster

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl