Should I send my phantom 2 back and get Phantom 3?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I think I’ve made a big boo boo :/

Basically I brought a phantom 2 a couple of wees ago and am wanting a decent gimbal, not a cheap one that I have to gig about with wires etc. to get working.
I was looking at FeiYu but saw some pretty bad things and low and behold all comments rave about the Zenmuse although its so expensive.

On top of that I would want to get either gopro 3 for Hd or a 4 for either 2.7k or 4k. So with the extra cost of around £350 on top of what I already have spent on Phantom 2 should I send my phantom 2 back and get Phantom 3?

Any solutions, ideas and pros and cons about my decision would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance guys J

I think that if you had the option go for it. The only advantage of your actual kit is having the go pro for another uses, but there is another action cameras comparable to the gopro for much less. The advantages of the P3 are vastly more than the gimbal.

Return the P2. Nothing against the P2, it was a great machine when it came out but if you want to strap a GoPro or similar you will need to get the H3-3D or H4-3D for it, along with a transmitter and 5.8 screen. If you want telemetry then add in the iOSD and you have to put it all together yourself. You would be happier with any of the P3 line, with all the stuff built in. Look at the footage people do with those cameras, they are quite good and you can change settings while in the air (iso, frame rate, exp), Something which is not possible with the GoPro. Also they have a slightly less field of view and not so much fisheye which looks a bit more professional. The P3/P4 lines really are flying cameras. In the end you will pay more for the P2 then a P3, the only downside is you don't have the removable Go Pro for other stuff. If you want something like that look at the Yuneec line, they have removable camera/gimbals that work for GoPro, like the Q500 G.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.