Should I send my P3 Standard Back - Gyro Calibrate Needed 10X

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of having to calibrate the compass numerous times before some flights. About half the times before a flight I have to calibrate the compass more than once. I wouldn't mind doing once before each flight, but yesterday I had to calibrate it at least 10 times before it would start up. I was getting PISSED! After each time. the moment I would finish the caribration, the app would say "atti-mode". Once I hear that I know it won't start. I pull the sticks in-down to start, and that same message pops up to calibrate the gyro.

My other reason for wanting to return it is, I have my max. distance set to 300M, and I can't even reach that with out it losing it, and it going into RTH. So far it's done it at least 6-8 times, and most times I was olny about 600 ft. out. Really frustrating because I see other people going a half mile and farther.

So what does everyone think? Should I return it?

Thanks in advance...
ERIC

return it

Are you sure you are not having magnetic interference? Any large metallic object near to the P3S can confuse the compass (think cars, metal siding, etc). Also, unless you change locations or get an error, I don't think compass re-calibration is advised before every flight.

I've had about 30-40 flights in various (12?) locations. This last time I flew was the final straw because I was in the middle of an open area and I kept on having to calibrate the compass before it would let me fly. MORE THAN 10 TIMES !!!

Then I was 800 ft. away and about 230 ft. up when I lost all communitation with the bird. After a long 10 sec. it was coming back to me. Stopped RTH and kept flying, keeping it closer the rest of the flight.

This flight was a test for me in many ways. I'm ready to return it. The picture below shows how far I went before RTH started.

ERIC

test-flight-rth.png

Are you sure you are not having magnetic interference? Any large metallic object near to the P3S can confuse the compass (think cars, metal siding, etc). Also, unless you change locations or get an error, I don't think compass re-calibration is advised before every flight.

why are you flying over major roadways not smart

Reactions: RayH

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub