Should I sell my Phantom 4 and buy Mavic Pro?

Reaction score
So I've had my Phantom 4 for a while now, I have 3 batteries. Fly it a lot. I'm kinda thinking about selling it and buy a brand new mavic pro with the money. Not sure if I should just wait and keep what I have or move on. I like the phantom just kinda want something new to play with. Thoughts?

Have as well both and like them both.
Took the Mavic to Europe and a few times to the DR. The compact size and capabilities are awsome as I fly it mainly using the FPV Camera App.
This said, I love my P4 to make really solid videos with little editing.
I have to do an awful lot of editing if I fly complex video missions with the Mavic.
Flying long range missions often in 20mph + winds down here in the Caribbean I also prefer to use the P4 as it has a much better punch into the wind compared to the Mavic.
I would keep the P4 and wait for the next Mavic release as DJI will for sure address the camera issues

Yes- based on your stated reason, ie "wanting something new to play with". You can always move to the P4P later (or whatever the current best thing might be).

I have a P4 and a Mavic. I took my P4 to Hawaii last week, and left my Mavic home. The P4 is bigger, bulkier and heavier, but it has a better camera IMO, easier to use, less lens sun flares.[/QUOTE
Yes- based on your stated reason, ie "wanting something new to play with". You can always move to the P4P later (or whatever the current best
I have a P4 and a Mavic. I took my P4 to Hawaii last week, and left my Mavic home. The P4 is bigger, bulkier and heavier, but it has a better camera IMO, easier to use, less lens sun flares.
Just ask do u prefer p4 or maveric ,,mav cheap here at mo and does it fly nice .,?? or p4 smoother

Why so? I'm planning to get a mavic when our next trip happens as the wife refuses to help carry the backpack anymore!

Love the Mavic and I always have it in the car in a hard case or take it with me in the original custom bag when travelling.
But flying for example a 10 minute video mission in parallel with the P4 and Mavic using FPV Camera and PolarPro filters on both quads I can use usually 100% of the video material taken with the P4 but have to edit part of the Mavic recordings due to focus issues, glare or over/under exposure.
The effects are mostly minor but existing.

Why so? I'm planning to get a mavic when our next trip happens as the wife refuses to help carry the backpack anymore!

Sounds like she's trying to tell you something. Maybe if you carried the backpack and let her fly the AC once in a while; or leave the drone home one weekend and take her on a mini spa vacation . . .

Wait. Is isn't this the relationships section of the forums?

Reactions: rocketflyer
I'm kind of in the same boat. I actually just purchased my first drone (P4) last Saturday from best buy, and i can get a full refund if i return it by this coming Sunday. My only issue is they don't know when they'll get more mavics in and they can't even put in an order for me. I bought the drone as a hobby and the difference in camera is minimal to me, the size and convenience of the mavic makes me want it more after the experience of lugging the p4 around within the past week. But if i return the p4 i don't know how long I'll be waiting, and I'm already hooked.

p.s. i live in hawaii

Love the Mavic and I always have it in the car in a hard case or take it with me in the original custom bag when travelling.
But flying for example a 10 minute video mission in parallel with the P4 and Mavic using FPV Camera and PolarPro filters on both quads I can use usually 100% of the video material taken with the P4 but have to edit part of the Mavic recordings due to focus issues, glare or over/under exposure.
The effects are mostly minor but existing.

So is the mavic the only dji drone to have the manual focus. "Tap to focus" I know my phantom 3 doesn't have that but wasn't sure if the new phantom 4 pro did or not.

Hmm does that make it harder to fly then? Always having to tap to focus as you fly. I rarely just sit in one spot.

Have as well both and like them both.
Took the Mavic to Europe and a few times to the DR. The compact size and capabilities are awsome as I fly it mainly using the FPV Camera App.

Rlisch..

Are you referring to Litchi when you say "FPV camera app"? Or do you just mean you are flying by looking at a phone/tablet?

One thing that's holding me back from a Mavic (I'm a P3P owner), is the lack of an HDMI out for goggle flying...I know I can get a K1 tablet with HDMI out, but than that adds a little bit of lag.

Thanks...

--

Bill

Rlisch..

Are you referring to Litchi when you say "FPV camera app"? Or do you just mean you are flying by looking at a phone/tablet?

One thing that's holding me back from a Mavic (I'm a P3P owner), is the lack of an HDMI out for goggle flying...I know I can get a K1 tablet with HDMI out, but than that adds a little bit of lag.

Thanks...

--

Bill
Hi Bill

FPV Camera for DJI is an App similar to Litchi but from my experience has great additional features, ease of use and is rock solid referring to safe flying.
It also includes FPV Goggles, using my Iphone 7 and cheap VR Shinecon goggles The fpv experience is amazing without the need of HDMI.
Most of my flying I do using FPV C with my P4, Mavic and Inspire 1, including manual flying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.