Should I sell my Phantom 1 for a Phantom 2?

Reaction score
I purchased a Phantom 1 about a year ago. I also got one of the 3rd party wire isolation mounts and some 3rd party high capacity batteries. However I have never even flown it. It's basically new in the box. Now that the Phantom 2 has come out, along with the DJI gimbal, I'm wondering if I should get the Phantom 2 with a gimbal, or just stick with the Phantom 1 and add a gimbal. If I sell, I'll probably lose a couple hundred in the exchange, but I'd have the newest model with longer flight times and the latest design.

My question is to the experts: Should I keep my Phantom and get the gimbal, or go for the Phantom 2 / gimbal package? Thanks for any advice!!!

Good question above . I have both if you asked me to chose one it would be the P2

Specifically, is it the flight times, or is the Phantom 2 with the DJI gimbal just a better platform overall? Thanks for any specifics, for example, if I just kept my Phantom 1 and added the DJI gimbal, would this be a compromise?

I dropped my Phantom 1 for a Phantom 2 recently. My reasons:
Better flight time
Accurate %age display for battery on the iOSD rather than a voltage on the P1
Easy addition of iOSD etc without soldering things or using the PMU V2
No messing about with replacing the main board in order to use the Zenmuse

That lot made it worth it for me. I still have the P1 sitting on a shelf. I probably ought to get round to sticking it on eBay.

I like how much cleaner it is with gimbal and fpv with iosd . I get 1 battery flight to about 2 1/2 battery's on the P1 with gimbal , fpv , and iosd .
Don't get me wrong I fly my P1 too I use the P2 for trips I have my P1 set up for plug and play with the fpv and gimbal I like flying her naked a lot . The P2 stays loaded all the time .
If you have a older version of the P1 with a single antenna then I would think about upgrading if you have the 1.1.1 then I would keep it and add the goodies one good thing about adding is you get real familiar with the bird how she works and if you ever had a problem you will have some experience in tearing it down .
GL!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.