Should I return this battery

Reaction score
Hi,

Noob here (just posted intro).

I bought a battery from Amazon that was new, open box from a reputable drone accessory dealer / manufacturer. "Never used, just open box. Brand new"

Original DJI for Phantom 3.

When it arrived, the charge was showing 1 bar. I put it in my p3p to get a readout, but not enough charge in it to power up. Charged it (about 1 hour 10 minutes), checked the battery condition and it is:

Charges: 0
Capacity: 4390
Voltage: 17.1

The concern that I have is if it was improperly stored (just sitting on a shelf), and if so, will it reduce the life of the battery. Don't know if the capacity is any indicator of what may be a longer term issue.

Thanks.

The battery that came with my drone was low to the point it would not turn on, I don't believe it ever read out a capacity much higher than yours and that battery is still serving me today over a year later with 100s of flights.
Your capacity will only provide a ballpark on the health of your battery. If you look at battery settings and the voltage for each cell, they should be about the same. If any cell has a large difference compared to the other 3, then you might want to be concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The battery that came with my drone was low to the point it would not turn on, I don't believe it ever read out a capacity much higher than yours and that battery is still serving me today over a year later with 100s of flights.
Your capacity will only provide a ballpark on the health of your battery. If you look at battery settings and the voltage for each cell, they should be about the same. If any cell has a large difference compared to the other 3, then you might want to be concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Great. Thanks for the info.

The OE battery and all four of my additional batteries had one bar on delivery. I charged them as I received them and they were all absolutely fine.

Look on healthy drones as it will tell you the total life span of the battery [emoji4]

Neon Euc

1487717636816.png

Neon Euc

If the charge level was at 1 bar (at 0% or above) then per-cell voltage level would be about 3.4v which is sufficiently above the damaging 3.0v.
The battery does go into hibernation if left off too long where it has to be put on the charger to wake it up.
So it's probably OK based on the information so far but it will take a few charge cycles to know for sure.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan