Should I return P3A since P4 Release is imminent

Reaction score
Really caught me off guard, and I have heard a lot of rumors claiming Phantom 4 is coming out. I bought a Phantom 3 Advanced Last week for $719. Originally wanted to purchase the Professional, but since it isn't on sale, I held back on that. But it just went down too. Should I just return the P3A for now, and wait for the P4? Only used it once or twice to test whether it works or not. I don't really use it, and it is more for me to use on vacations, but since I aren't going to any, I can wait. If I decides to return it however, I would have to somehow sell all of my virtually brand new batteries and the dji backpack as well. What do you guys think?

Reactions: noki49
The "announcement" is close but shipping may be months away. It's very expensive to stay on the cutting edge of technology for sure.

If you've already used the aircraft is it really "ethical" to return it at this point? That's a personal decision and no one can make it for you.

If DJI continues their usual pattern, they'll most likely be shipping the first units in May/June if they announce a new Phantom on March 1st.

Reactions: BigAl07
Don't automatically assume that a "P4" will replace the Phantom 3 series. The Phantom 3 still is a GREAT value proposition and, with Lightbridge, well ahead of its competition. I think DJI may introduce a new bird in the spring, but that it will be a 2 kg class drone meant to max out the category in many foreign countries and, if we are legislatively lucky, the US, too. Whether it is a Phantom, or something, we'll learn next month.

If your P3A is working well I wouldn't be eager to replace it with an undoubtedly more expensive and less tested model.

Reactions: Jussaguy
Really caught me off guard, and I have heard a lot of rumors claiming Phantom 4 is coming out. I bought a Phantom 3 Advanced Last week for $719. Originally wanted to purchase the Professional, but since it isn't on sale, I held back on that. But it just went down too. Should I just return the P3A for now, and wait for the P4? Only used it once or twice to test whether it works or not. I don't really use it, and it is more for me to use on vacations, but since I aren't going to any, I can wait. If I decides to return it however, I would have to somehow sell all of my virtually brand new batteries and the dji backpack as well. What do you guys think?

more to the point the p3 PRO just dropped to 999.00

good luck and have fun flying!
what ever one you end up with.

I think those sale prices are the new prices. Making room for the P4?

I suggest fly it for a year, enjoy and be ready to buy new one during next Christmas. By that time all issues of new a/c will be known/ resolved.

I'm in the same boat as OP, but i have the Pro model purchased 3 dats for $999.00 from BB and i have 45 days to return or exchange it.

I decided that i am going to wait and see what P4 will offer and the price its going to be.
If it's something that i want and able to afford i will upgrade and if new improvements will not matter to me i will just keep my pro as it is a great model as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up an advanced for $649. I'll wait until the bugs are worked out and the price drop on the 4, then I'll jump on one. The phantom 3 series is pretty solid.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj