Should I return my Phantom 3 Advanced and buy a Mavic Pro?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought my Phantom 3 Advanced 13 days ago, tomorrow is my last day to return it for a full refund. The Mavic Pro looks the tits and I'm seriously thinking it will be a more suitable drone for my purposes. I travel a lot and the compact size, Phantom 4 features, flying time and range seems a clear winner.

I'm 99% sure I should initiate the return of my Phantom 3 tomorrow and pick up the Mavic - any thoughts?

Hey guys,

I bought my Phantom 3 Advanced 13 days ago, tomorrow is my last day to return it for a full refund. The Mavic Pro looks the tits and I'm seriously thinking it will be a more suitable drone for my purposes. I travel a lot and the compact size, Phantom 4 features, flying time and range seems a clear winner.

I'm 99% sure I should initiate the return of my Phantom 3 tomorrow and pick up the Mavic - any thoughts?

I just finished traveling with my P3, and let me tell you how I did it.
I wrapped my 4 batteries in clear wrap individually and soft backpacked the drone with all accessories and a few other camera items, and a samsung gear 360 too. I then brought a slightly bigger more durable backpack and put the drone pack in that.

At my first flight my bag got weighed and I was over carry on size, so I took out my drone and it was perfect weight and cabin ready. A friend carried on my second bag at that point. Island Air in Hawaii
so with that experience and had already flown on Philippine Air I knew they also like to weight the carry on so I keep my drone and second bag separate since that international flight allows a carry on and one small personal bag.

AirAsia was great, I just doubled up my bags and they never said anything, and the bag just fit into the overhead compartment.

CebuPacificAir let me also carry on the doubled up bag, but the overhead compartment was smaller so I had to hurry about and take out the drone bag and that barely fit.

I really felt weighted down and oversized on this trip, I flew 12 flights and visited 11 different cities.. As soon as I saw the price of Mavic, I ordered one. And I took the first offer when someone called about my P3 for sale.

I would return you P3A and get the Mavic if you plan on travel via air.. besides, you get a better camera

Reactions: gyrex
Boom! Just wanted some reassurance :) OK, I'm filling out the forms, returning my P3A and pulling the pin on a Mavic Pro :) I'll be able to return all the accessories I purchased too. Minus a battery, windsurfers, some spare props and a 4 in 1 charger I purchase from aliexpress. I think the Mavic is a much more versatile product. I purchased a special backpack for my P3A but I can imagine it would be quite clunky to travel with and I travel a shitload :)

Thanks guys!

Yea I think that's a good idea! I can't wait till mine arrives! :) Sorry not trying to beg, just loookong for people to give me a little extra help but it's all cool!

Boom! Just wanted some reassurance :) OK, I'm filling out the forms, returning my P3A and pulling the pin on a Mavic Pro :) I'll be able to return all the accessories I purchased too. Minus a battery, windsurfers, some spare props and a 4 in 1 charger I purchase from aliexpress. I think the Mavic is a much more versatile product. I purchased a special backpack for my P3A but I can imagine it would be quite clunky to travel with and I travel a shitload :)

Thanks guys!
Did you unbox and fly it yet?

Yes do it! I just returned my p3 to best buy I'm so glad they let me. I was outside the return date

without a doubt, return it quick as the phantom 3 body plastic is absolute trash...
dont feel bad for an instant.. as you were about to experience the motor mount crack syndrome.. not even fixed in the latest passes of the p3p..

hzl

You think it's fair to return a used item that's completely perfect?

I think it's a low act. What happens to the product after its returned?

the DJI P3P is hardly perfect and its actually quite a defective product with the motor mounts cracking even with extremely light usage,less than 10 flights for mine, its why DJI is sending free bodies to folks like moi

btw the product hopefully will be destroyed after return but will prolly be resold as reconditioned...
ie motor mount cracking is the only really negative point about the P3P but it was unfortunately an overwhelming defect..
thankfully DJI changed the construction and plastic used for the P4

hzl-a very unhappy p3p owner(our place of purchase vanished in the night literally, the former Santa Clara , California Drones+ store(not no more))

ps also a happy p4 and soon to be a mavic pro owner..

You think it's fair to return a used item that's completely perfect?

I think it's a low act. What happens to the product after its returned?
Oh, glad to see the morality police have arrived. I'm well within my rights under European law: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

And yes, I have no problem with this ethically or morally. In fact, I'd feel pretty pissed if I'd bought it and not had this option after a new product was released straight after I bought an old version. DJI released a new product within 14 days of me purchasing it so I feel extremely comfortable with this decision. I guess when I return the product it's repackaged and resold.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I can see both points of the discussion. As a store owner it's a massive cost to business returning a used but perfectly ok product which DJI will NOT compensate you for. It's acts like this that bump up the costs for the 99% of people that perform due diligence and make an educated decision on a major purchase like this.

Nobody ties our hands behind our back and forces us to hand over our money.

Some people fail to accept responsibility for their own actions and decisions.

For the baggers just thank actions like this why we pay so much in the first place.

As for buying a P3 in the first place. Enough said.

Do it! I have a P3A, albeit a damaged one, but I have pre-ordered a Mavic just for its convenience.

Oh, glad to see the morality police have arrived. I'm well within my rights under European law: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

And yes, I have no problem with this ethically or morally. In fact, I'd feel pretty pissed if I'd bought it and not had this option after a new product was released straight after I bought an old version. DJI released a new product within 14 days of me purchasing it so I feel extremely comfortable with this decision. I guess when I return the product it's repackaged and resold.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Maybe you will get a used Mavic that someone else thought they could use for two weeks for free.

I can see both points of the discussion. As a store owner it's a massive cost to business returning a used but perfectly ok product which DJI will NOT compensate you for. It's acts like this that bump up the costs for the 99% of people that perform due diligence and make an educated decision on a major purchase like this.

Nobody ties our hands behind our back and forces us to hand over our money.

Some people fail to accept responsibility for their own actions and decisions.

For the baggers just thank actions like this why we pay so much in the first place.

As for buying a P3 in the first place. Enough said.

Personally, I think this particular EU law is a tad crazy. It means someone can buy a product, use it for 2 weeks and return it no questions asked. I have a valid reason. I bought a product and within 2 weeks, a brand new product was released which automatically superseded and significantly devalued my purchase. I wasn't to know that DJI were releasing this product. Had DJI not released the Mavic, I would have been happy with my purchase. IMO they should amend the law and limit the returns policy for certain situations like this - not just "because I changed my mind".

Maybe you will get a used Mavic that someone else thought they could use for two weeks for free.

And how would that be considered ethical? I'm working within EU consumer rights. It seems some people have sour grapes and are stuck with Phantoms. I've seen some pretty pissed off Phantom 3A/P & 4 owners who've purchased 3 weeks ago and are fuming that their purchases have been instantly superseded and significantly devalued within weeks of a high value purchase.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic