Should I return it before i fly?

Agreed. Please provide more details.
I will provide more details when I get a chance to fly it over the weekend. Here is a text explanation.

gimball/imu/compass all calibrated sucessfully, using an expensive high quality level, placed on a perfectly flat and level surface
firmware updated to most recent
mode place in P mode, with all other modes disabled, set to 'follow' mode (not FPV)

take off automatically, and hover to approx 40 meters, look at horizon, not level, pan 180 degrees, horizon not level, gimball up/down, not level,

go into settings and adjust with +/- while in air, horizon levels, yet when exiting menu for +/- the gimbal seems to pop back into overcompensating to opposite slope of horizon. E.g. horizon slopes to left side of ipad display, after 'leveling in app' horizon literally changes to the opposite slope. If left alone, sometimes horizon is level, but any sort of movement or flying sends horizon skewed to left sloping on ipad, or right sloping on ipad. Fly a little bit or pan one way or another and horizon is not level again.

Hello all.

I ordered my P4 from DJI store and it is on the way (I will get it 29.3.2016). After finding this forum and problems (Range, Battery, Gimbal,..) with P4 users have, I don't know what to do...

Should I return it before even opening the box? For that price I get P3P with extra batteries and with no problems in range,.. I am just not sure what to do :)

For now range is not that kind of a problem with me because I don't need to fly 10000 feet away...but I don't know what will happen in future :) You guys think that this is firmware issue and will be solved with firmware update or something?

Thanks.
They will never return in it IMO I'd you own it. I had to beg them to return mine so I can buy from Apple Store before they even shipped mine!

Have you ever gotten a refund because your wanton soup came out to cool? Same culture. No offense but it's true.

I'll never buy from them directly again.

Apple or Amazon.

Also, the P4 smokes the P3. You didn't think it would be all right before the real beta test when 100s of thousands have it. Did you?

I will provide more details when I get a chance to fly it over the weekend. Here is a text explanation.

gimball/imu/compass all calibrated sucessfully, using an expensive high quality level, placed on a perfectly flat and level surface
firmware updated to most recent
mode place in P mode, with all other modes disabled, set to 'follow' mode (not FPV)

take off automatically, and hover to approx 40 meters, look at horizon, not level, pan 180 degrees, horizon not level, gimball up/down, not level,

go into settings and adjust with +/- while in air, horizon levels, yet when exiting menu for +/- the gimbal seems to pop back into overcompensating to opposite slope of horizon. E.g. horizon slopes to left side of ipad display, after 'leveling in app' horizon literally changes to the opposite slope. If left alone, sometimes horizon is level, but any sort of movement or flying sends horizon skewed to left sloping on ipad, or right sloping on ipad. Fly a little bit or pan one way or another and horizon is not level again.

Ah. From your earlier explanation I thought that it was oscillating from side to side.

Have you tried doing a gimbal calibration while in the air?

Can some on explain what horizon and gimbal drifts are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooo... Today I got my P4... I decided NOT to return it... I calibrated it, charged batteries and flew! It is just amazing. Sport mode: crazy :)... The range problem will never be problem with me cuz I wont fly over 2000 meters... Today i went far... More fare away then with Blade 350... And saw that I was only 400 m away :)

Phantom 4 works fine, without any problem with my first flight. Will report if I will have any problems.

Thanks for those guys who gave me advice not to complicate :)

Reactions: Larry.Marshall
Can some on explain what horizon and gimbal drifts are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is when gimbal is not leveled with horizon... Drift? I think that when you fly sideways and gimbal slide I little....

So many people think they have a gimbal that will not level. I think most people expect their horizons to be level when they're not.

Bought my P4 at the local Apple Store. Have been averaging 11-13 minutes on 50% of battery (doing the whole 100 to 50 discharge calibration). Range in the open area, got well over 5000 feet, took some pics and returned before 50% battery. Flying is a combination of GPS and Sport modes. A lot of people here seem spoiled expecting a custom hand built Lamborghini that will perform in all conditions as it did in the most optimal conditions during the initial testing.

No problems to report as of now and I'm 17 flights in.

As some other people said before. I'm sure there will be aircraft, battery, RC, etc updates. It all takes time to sort out, get it right, test it and put it out with the smallest margin of error possible to prevent further complaints or even worse, equipment damage.

Bought my P4 at the local Apple Store. Have been averaging 11-13 minutes on 50% of battery (doing the whole 100 to 50 discharge calibration). Range in the open area, got well over 5000 feet, took some pics and returned before 50% battery. Flying is a combination of GPS and Sport modes. A lot of people here seem spoiled expecting a custom hand built Lamborghini that will perform in all conditions as it did in the most optimal conditions during the initial testing.

No problems to report as of now and I'm 17 flights in.

As some other people said before. I'm sure there will be aircraft, battery, RC, etc updates. It all takes time to sort out, get it right, test it and put it out with the smallest margin of error possible to prevent further complaints or even worse, equipment damage.
Same here. Have flown it 13 times. Charged full cycles and flown 18 to 22 minutes with 30% to spare in battery life.
Range has been close to 6000 feet without pushing the limits.
In my experience so far, it's a great and awesome bird.
I also have a P3P in my personal fleet (of 2 birds). I would not return the P4...I know that firmware updates will take care of bugs.
Both are awesome. I get to work and have fun with both.
Good luck!

Thats great. It looks like its the same like with any other product in the world... Some people have problems with it but many dont.

Hope with further updates everything gets sort out.

About horizon level... For me it is well leveled. I did IMu calibration before first flight. Here is sample image from first flight (everything on auto),... Not that great picture tho. Just quick saturation and contrast added :).. But horizon level looks ok for me.

Attachments

• 1458958873293.jpg
    1458958873293.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 249

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31