Should I replace my p4 pro motors?

Reaction score
I'm not sure how much flight time I have if anyone knows where i can find out it would help. Anyway I was wondering if the p4 pro's motors ever have to be replaced after a certain flight time, and if so how much time?

I'm not sure how much flight time I have if anyone knows where i can find out it would help. Anyway I was wondering if the p4 pro's motors ever have to be replaced after a certain flight time, and if so how much time?
If you go into your app and open your flight data (bottom left hand corner arrow thing), you will see total flight time etc. as for replacing motors, haven't seen any recommendations other than to change out damaged motors or suspect units. I've got 150,000 mtrs with no problems.

If you go into your app and open your flight data (bottom left hand corner arrow thing), you will see total flight time etc. as for replacing motors, haven't seen any recommendations other than to change out damaged motors or suspect units. I've got 150,000 mtrs with no problems.
Alright thanks.

Cheaper drones tend to have "brushed" motors which have a definite lifespan. But the brushless motors in the Phantom last a long time. The bearing will probably go before the motors (which will sound horrible and you will know).. I wouldnt be concerned with it unless you are doing A LOT of flying

You don't really need to replace these motors, they have long life. If you had any hard landing or hit any object, check the damages on props and motors and decide the corrective action. Landing on beaches may require thorough sand cleaning. Wet motors will need immediate drying.

Reactions: mikemal and Craig H
You don't really need to replace these motors, they have long life. If you had any hard landing or hit any object, check the damages on props and motors and decide the corrective action. Landing on beaches may require thorough sand cleaning. Wet motors will need immediate drying.

Do you have any idea how much play to expect when testing the motor for movement on its shaft?

You're asking for anecdotal opinions. There's no published spec.

Aside from mishap trauma, the only wearing parts are the bearings.

Post-flight motor temp surveying is the best way to tell if all motors are operating nominally to each other.
This can often identify a motor working harder due to friction before it may become obviously audible.

No need for expensive LASER thermos unless you like to collect such things. Your fingers will work just fine.

You're asking for anecdotal opinions. There's no published spec.

Aside from mishap trauma, the only wearing parts are the bearings.

Post-flight motor temp surveying is the best way to tell if all motors are operating nominally to each other.
This can often identify a motor working harder due to friction before it may become obviously audible.

No need for expensive LASER thermos unless you like to collect such things. Your fingers will work just fine.

Thanks for the info.

Sadly, given the lack of a maintenance manual, anecdotal opinion is about the best we can look forward to. Quite often it is really excellent advice, too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers