Should I purchase Phantom 3 Pro?

I hope it's a ways off. I just dropped a lot of coin on DJI 3A with all the toys on the side. Wonder if they will restyle it any.

There aren't really new laws for hobbyists coming anytime soon, just a registration database and some laws for commercial operation in June 2016.

If DJI sticks to their release schedule you've probably still got 5-6 months until the P4. If it were me I'd just grab the P3P right now.
And with the laws countries may require more no fly zones, height limit of 400 feet and a different log system that the authorities can view and track on you, even reporting your gps location online; etc. Anything for the author is to make it easy to track you

It's going to be tougher as laws get tougher and can bet you dji may well work with authorities in same way or another.

I would be waiting for specs, etc,

Would hate to buy one and find your info and logs go stright to the FAA etc.

Technology changes quickly. Once the 4 is out, we'll then be telling people to wait for the superior 5. Some people will never end up buying a Phantom -- they'll be constantly waiting for the next best thing.
Well said

Does anyone know when the Phantom 4 is scheduled for release?

@Woffski,
Well come on in, to the forum. ;-)
Enjoy your bird, and time well spent here.
As stated above & on many other forums.
Yes, we all I want and need this knowledge, of when it's going to be unleashed onto the mean streets. Those that do know, and there are many, are sworn to secrecy, or death, and so it's shhhhhhhh, don't ask, don't tell. Shuffle away quietly.

RedHotPoker

Operating temperatures between 0*C~40*C
Same for the iPad Air 2 Cellular. Coincidence?? Not!!
Lightbridge is the unit in your Phantom which transmits your video back to the device, through one antennae on the radio.

Like I mentioned earlier. Read The Flight Manual. RTFM!
Get familiar with your bird, before it flies. We Can't stress this enough.

RedHotPoker
this cracks me up I thought RTFM ment read the Fu_king manual,, and it means read the flight manual!! dam I am slow

Reactions: Reed L
I went with the Pro myself not because I want to output 4k video right now but because I want to be able have a lot of options for scaling and stuff in Premiere.

That's how I looked at it too. Better to scale things down, than enlarging it. 4k just helps with many options. Payment to my order has been confirmed on DJI's website. Waiting for it to ship! :)

this cracks me up I thought RTFM ment read the Fu_king manual,, and it means read the flight manual!! dam I am slow

Yes, no The Fu*king Manual is something completely different.
Check out the video. . .;-)
The Fu*king Manual video - [PAD]Community

It's got a rocking bouncy sound track too. Hehe

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I'm on the fence on purchasing one. My main concern is spending $1,600 and then in a few months DJI releases Phantom 4. What do you all think? Will the Phantom 4 be such a big game changer where Phantom 3 customers have to upgrade?

If you are wanting a P3P, is it because of the camera capability? If you don't need a 4K HD camera, then opt for the Phantom 3 A, since the cameras are the main difference between the two models.

If you are wanting a P3P, is it because of the camera capability? If you don't need a 4K HD camera, then opt for the Phantom 3 A, since the cameras are the main difference between the two models.
I no longer recommend P3A because the video transmission link is not as fast as P3P. It shows up when you install the HDMI option card and using goggles. This has been a well hidden difference between the two models, too subtle to be noticed on an iPad or android tablet, but clearly deficient when using the Headplay goggles.

He who ,hesitates is lost.
Buy it now and fly it now and have some fun.

I agree. If someone is gonna fret over buying something thats going to inevitably get improved, then I guess they'll never own anything!!!

I have been shopping around lately and wanted to get a p3 pro and then the standard came out. I bought it with an extra battery for $800 and quickly found all the shortcuts made so I ordered the p3 pro too. Then today I see the p3 pro on amazon filled by amazon for $979. I have seen the prices fluctuate all the time but that was a big drop and of course didnt last long but was a great deal.

I just checked my p3p and p3s and the pro has the new reinforcements, but the standard doesnt. No cracks so far. I thought about waiting a while for something newer and better, but the p3 is so fun to fly and is an amazing machine. Im glad I didnt wait. Also, just got shipping notification on the p3 pro I ordered yesterday for $979!

It's okay, I wanted the Pro with 4k. My PC is pretty fast :).

The Advanced is 2.7K now and uses the same Sony sensor as the Pro. All other features are identical, you just need to add the high powered charger, and that's only about $60.

Most people do not have a computer or a TV that does 4K anyway.

I plan to stick with 1080p @ 60fps.

No keep reading the posts here. Look into another brand DJI is starting to look like a bad company as far as the way they treat their customers.

Even so, they are slowly improving.
Not quite at the same speed as their marvellous drones are being improved upon. ;-)
Yes, They still make the top selling drones in the world.

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20