Should I purchase Phantom 3 Pro?

I've been using photo suite since it came out decades ago... Works great for hd and youtube

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
premiere is pretty straightforward if you can work it out. The "easy" packages are sometimes more difficult because of the gaps in process that they leave.

I'll check that section of the forum :) Would be awesome to fly next to fellow pilots. Any information regarding how cold of temps these drones can operate safely?
Lightbridge is the range of the radio right? Or am I wrong?
Operating temperatures between 0*C~40*C
Same for the iPad Air 2 Cellular. Coincidence?? Not!!
Lightbridge is the unit in your Phantom which transmits your video back to the device, through one antennae on the radio.

Like I mentioned earlier. Read The Flight Manual. RTFM!
Get familiar with your bird, before it flies. We Can't stress this enough.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Operating temperatures between 0*C~40*C
Same for the iPad Air 2 Cellular. Coincidence?? Not!!
Lightbridge is the unit in your Phantom which transmits your video back to the device, through one antennae on the radio.

Like I mentioned earlier. Read The Flight Manual. RTFM!
Get familiar with your bird, before it flies. We Can't stress this enough.

RedHotPoker

Thanks for the info.

I've been on DJI's website for the past hour now. Checking out their support section. Seeing the tutorials and how to operate the drone.

I would not be surprised if the next generation is far more hamstrung and limited.
No doubt some aspects will be improved but it will be a miracle if there isn't some further inbuilt restriction to try defuse the media faux outrage.
The P3 capably does almost everything you can realistically want.
It is essentially the perfect off the shelf hobby drone.

I would not be surprised if the next generation is far more hamstrung and limited.
No doubt some aspects will be improved but it will be a miracle if there isn't some further inbuilt restriction to try defuse the media faux outrage.
The P3 capably does almost everything you can realistically want.
It is essentially the perfect off the shelf hobby drone.

I bet eventually with a firmware upgrade, they will block us from doing certain flying. I mean, if you don't fly near airports, government buildings I see no problem owning a drone. Maybe some idiot flew his drone in some backyard with a woman naked tanning lol. You never know with these pervs out there lol. Screwed it all up for us

I bet eventually with a firmware upgrade, they will block us from doing certain flying. I mean, if you don't fly near airports, government buildings I see no problem owning a drone. Maybe some idiot flew his drone in some backyard with a woman naked tanning lol. You never know with these pervs out there lol. Screwed it all up for us
You have to look at it from a non-droner's perspective.
If one flies overhead at first you find it interesting and don't mind, if every time you visit a scenic spot there are half a dozen buzzing about, or several neighbours have them and almost every evening one is over your house - well I kind of understand you might wish for more controls or even outright ban.

DJI have already shown they consider inbuilt restrictions as a safety-based selling point.
We will see more of this.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
If one flies overhead at first you find it interesting and don't mind, if every time you visit a scenic spot there are half a dozen buzzing about, or several neighbours have them and almost every evening one is over your house - well I kind of understand you might wish for more controls or even outright ban.

DJI have already shown they consider inbuilt restrictions as a safety-based selling point.

Yeah I don't mind to register my drone so the government/police can track me if I misbehaved. I suppose everyone has their reasons for owning a drone. Mine, learn to fly these things and build my photography portfolio. Maybe start some youtube videos as well. Has there been any bad stories posted on here about drone pilots getting in trouble?

What editing software do you all use? I usually use Adobe After Effects. Recently I've found Adobe Premiere easier.

I love adobe after effects, though I would never do simple editing with it. Are you finding premiere to work well for you? I currently use Final Cut X and I hate it, I miss the old FCP 7 version. I wish I could afford Avid Media Composer, I need a more robust color correction package. I loved Color from apple when they had it.

I love adobe after effects, though I would never do simple editing with it. Are you finding premiere to work well for you? I currently use Final Cut X and I hate it, I miss the old FCP 7 version. I wish I could afford Avid Media Composer, I need a more robust color correction package. I loved Color from apple when they had it.

Adobe Premiere is great. Kinda reminds me a little of Final cut for the OSX. I used After Effects during my college days for motion graphics. I'm not that familiar with the program as I once was.

Adobe Premiere is great. Kinda reminds me a little of Final cut for the OSX. I used After Effects during my college days for motion graphics. I'm not that familiar with the program as I once was.

Same here, I just used After Effects the other day for some simple motion tracking and realized how much you have to use the app to keep up with it.

It's okay, I wanted the Pro with 4k. My PC is pretty fast :).

That's what I thought! The 4K will probably bring your PC to a halt! It did with mine. I've had my P3P for around 3 weeks now. This machine blows my mind! The only thing I don't like is the inability to edit the 4K videos. I've learnt that it takes one mother of a computer to handle the 4K res. Don't want to spend the trillion dollars right now buying a new PC that can handle the task. I live near Kingston ON And ordered my P3P from Drones Toronto. I had to pay taxes but I figured I would pay duty/taxes anyways with such a high priced item if ordering out of country, and any repairs could and would be done by Drones Toronto. Nice company to deal with, custom builds, very knowledgeable guy, made sure the drone's firmware was updated and RTF when I opened the box.

I put as much owness on the victim as the perpetrator in this instance. I mean if you go outside in the au natural, why be shy about being seen?
image.jpeg

What Peope do, in public, is suddenly every bodies business. ;-)

I'm not a voyuer, but I will look, if it's presented in light, regardless.
If I fly over something unusual, it's getting recorded. Hehe

RedHotPoker

Reactions: ScatSpeak

For my own interest and so not to get bored, I never fly in the same area twice in one week. Except for the ERCHA heli field, where I would like to attend a couple times a week or more. Weather permitting. ;-)
I would get unexcited real quick, taking off in the sme place, day after day. Thankfully, I can saddle up the SpYder RS-S and be down a dusty trail, in no time at all. It's been a lot of fun for me, and really, I am so very thankful to @dji for bringing us this awesome camera platform. Yeah, to put to valued use in some of our photography endeavors. It has been simply great. We are often awed with the resultant outcome. And very pleased to proclaim, as much.
Well done.

RedHotPoker

When is the Phantom 4 set to be released?

That's an official @dji secret.

If you can't keep a secret, how can you seriously expect anyone else to? ;-)

It's actually coming out in. . . About another. . . Few weeks to several or more months. Within the next quarter, if not for Christmas, then look for it in New Year. Hehe

Have a good day.
Have a great day, Go flying. . .

RedHotPoker

Reactions: DeputyDrone
I think the p3 pro or advanced is great, spending a few extra bucks to get 4k is no biggy if you have some cash to spare.

Besides, you can always sell your existing p3 when the p4 hits and if it's worth the price. You can check out eBay to see what sort of return you can expect, I can see there are still some people buying the vision 2 plus.

I'm sure there will be a bunch of upgrades on the new version, I hope they do some work on the camera as well, having the ability for optical zoom would be good and of course having a cooler design is nice too.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

I would check the chroma camera drone first.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues