Should I purchase Phantom 3 Pro?

Reaction score
I'm on the fence on purchasing one. My main concern is spending $1,600 and then in a few months DJI releases Phantom 4. What do you all think? Will the Phantom 4 be such a big game changer where Phantom 3 customers have to upgrade?

The Pro is only $1,259 right now. I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone buy it for $1,600.

if you can wait, I would wait. the phantom 4 probably will be quite the superior machine and with new laws and other things coming out I would wait until that is all sorted out.

Technology changes quickly. Once the 4 is out, we'll then be telling people to wait for the superior 5. Some people will never end up buying a Phantom -- they'll be constantly waiting for the next best thing.

With tax here in Canada, it would be $1,600 total if I purchase from DJI's website. Oh yeah, they're releasing laws regarding drones?

if you can wait, I would wait. the phantom 4 probably will be quite the superior machine and with new laws and other things coming out I would wait until that is all sorted out.

There aren't really new laws for hobbyists coming anytime soon, just a registration database and some laws for commercial operation in June 2016.

If DJI sticks to their release schedule you've probably still got 5-6 months until the P4. If it were me I'd just grab the P3P right now.

Reactions: pchin2
Technology changes quickly. Once the 4 is out, we'll then be telling people to wait for the superior 5. Some people will never end up buying a Phantom -- they'll be constantly waiting for the next best thing.

That is true. I'm just concerned that is all. I'm thinking DJI might design the Phantom 4 with retractable legs like Inspire 1. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that might do that.

I'm thinking DJI might design the Phantom 4 with retractable legs like Inspire 1.
That would be kind of useless without a camera that spins 360 degrees. No?

There aren't really new laws for hobbyists coming anytime soon, just a registration database and some laws for commercial operation in June 2016.

If DJI sticks to their release schedule you've probably still got 5-6 months until the P4. If it were me I'd just grab the P3P right now.

I'm very tempted believe me lol. I have their website open for the past week, tempted to press the 'buy now' button lol. Just worried they might design something new to the Phantom 4 that will change everything.

We'll have to register our drones to FAA?

The FAA does not control Canada.

Oh hmm, can't remember where I read that on the internet, supposedly there are FAA rules for drones? Maybe it doesn't effect Canada? So basically we will eventually need to register our drones in the coming years?

Quick question. If I purchase from DJI's website, will I receive the new motors to the drone? There were reports of stress cracking in the plastic shell of the drone. Some say would of been the motors either to powerful, or positioned wrong.

Quick question. If I purchase from DJI's website, will I receive the new motors to the drone? There were reports of stress cracking in the plastic shell of the drone. Some say would of been the motors either to powerful, or positioned wrong.
I ordered mine in September from dji and got the new motors.

After a few attempts with 3 different agents. I got the answers I needed. New motors from the factory. If I buy from Amazon, they said I'm not guaranteed new motors. Just made the purchase now. Added up to $1,600 Canadian dollars :( It was $1,259 USD dollars, converted to CAD it jumps to $1,600.

I ordered mine in September from dji and got the new motors.
How you liking the Phantom 3? Hopefully these drones can handle a bit of cold temps before Winter hits lol

msinger of Phantom Help that has been answering your questions is a vender. Click his page and order it from him. Then you will also have all of the immediate help that you need :) in other words, don't wait for a year, just pull the trigger and fly. I did a couple weeks ago and my P3A flys like a dream compared to my old single rotors! I love it.

msinger of Phantom Help that has been answering your questions is a vender. Click his page and order it from him. Then you will also have all of the immediate help that you need :) in other words, don't wait for a year, just pull the trigger and fly. I did a couple weeks ago and my P3A flys like a dream compared to my old single rotors! I love it.

Made the purchase from DJI, just to be safe. I want those new motors. Don't want stress cracks on the shell lol. Looking forward to fly the Pro :) First time flying too!

After a few attempts with 3 different agents. I got the answers I needed. New motors from the factory. If I buy from Amazon, they said I'm not guaranteed new motors. Just made the purchase now. Added up to $1,600 Canadian dollars :( It was $1,259 USD dollars, converted to CAD it jumps to $1,600.

How you liking the Phantom 3? Hopefully these drones can handle a bit of cold temps before Winter hits lol
Love every minute of it. No winter here in San Diego [emoji41]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20