Should I or Shouldn't I

Reaction score
I bought a P2V+ less than 30 days ago and B&H is willing to take it back at no loss to me in order to purchase an Inspire 1. And with a military discount, I can upgrade for just $1,255. What concerns me is the reduced flight time compared to the P2V+ and the fact that there's always bugs with first generation products. So what do you think, should I stick with the P2V+ or take what's behind door #2, the Inspire 1. I can't make up my mind and would really appreciate your feedback.

Dave

at this point it's anybodys guess, nobody has had their hands on one and there are no reviews so you gotta decide yourself

Davehecht said:
I bought a P2V+ less than 30 days ago and B&H is willing to take it back at no loss to me in order to purchase an Inspire 1. And with a military discount, I can upgrade for just $1,255. What concerns me is the reduced flight time compared to the P2V+ and the fact that there's always bugs with first generation products. So what do you think, should I stick with the P2V+ or take what's behind door #2, the Inspire 1. I can't make up my mind and would really appreciate your feedback.

Dave
Depends on what you want to do with the drone. If you just want to fly FPV for fun, stick with the P2 and the longer battery life. I haven't read up much on the Inspire past the price tag - Not ready for my budget. I really haven't looked at the Inspire close enough to determine its' commercial capabilities. I haven't had my P2NV for a month yet, but when I bought it a topic on the forum was "When will the new [Phantom] be out?" To which I replied, "Any day now since I just dropped $2K+ on a P2NV and GoPro Hero4". Sure enough, not a week later, the Inspire was leaked.

:D
Sounds like a great opportunity to get the new bird!
Go for it Dave, and you can tell us all what we're missing.

Well, when I saw Inspire 1 pics I said "Hell yeah!" but when I saw the price range, I went for "Hell no!"...

At this price range I'd probably stick with Phantom V+, learn it, master it, wait for the gen 1 Inspire to polish bugs and issues and... wait to get cheaper :)

They sure are not going to sell as many as with the P2 whatever versions. Way to much $$$$$$.

Are you an experienced r/c pilot and/or an experienced photographer?

If not to both than stay away from this new one for now and have fun while gaining some skills and experience.

Beginning pilot, professional photographer/videographer. I produce a lot of video products so this would be more for career than fun... Although it's a lot of fun!

I say YES....do it.

But that's just me. I love new bling bling and flying the new DJI drone would be very exciting.

If the cost difference is not the issue then you should go for it and enjoy the envy you will receive. Life is very, very short.

I say DO NOT go for the Inspire. As you know DJI has a reputation for testing all their hardware and software exhaustively before releasing it. Not. Let others beta test it for them. If I were in the market for it, I would wait until the second or third software release for them to work some of the bugs out. Almost 3 clams is a lot of dough, for me at least.

Early adopters will be DJI's beta testers as seems to be the norm. If you have the time and patience, go for it but don't expect everything to work as advertised right out of the box.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers