Should I open her up...OK I did and survived..

Fourblade said:
OK guys some of us live in temperate climates where we could do with 10 degrees more heat as well as 10 more satellites :cry:

The first is the reason we now live in Spain and not UK. :D :D :D :D :D :D

The sea will be warm until November, not sure on south coast if they get the very very heavy rains, we are due some anytime from september to december in this region, called gotas fria.

Amazing sight when the rain fall is unbelievably high for several hours. The streets become rivers and everything floods.

Attachments

• IMG_0654 copy.jpg
    IMG_0654 copy.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 396
Ok Guys below I have cut and pasted direct from the DJI web site so be warned, if you dismantle your bird and they detect that is has been, your warranty is void.

2. Warranty
DJI guarantees that, under the following conditions during the warranty period (see Chart), starting from the date product is purchased, warranty service will be provided.
Diagnostic, labor, materials, tests and return delivery are covered pursuant to DJI’s service warranty.
1. The following conditions must be met for warranty service:

During warranty period, product is normal used, as intended by the manufacturer.
No unauthorized disassembling, modification or installation has been performed.
Labels, Serial Numbers, waterproof mark, false proof mark, etc. show no signs of tampering or altering;
Valid proof-of-purchase, receipt or order number (DJI Direct Sales.is provided.

2. Following situations are not subject to warranty service conditions:

Crash or burning caused by non-manufacturing factors.
Damage caused by unauthorized modification, disassembling or shell opening which did not follow the instruction of official manuals.
Damage caused by improper installation, or incorrect use or operation despite of the guidance of manuals.
Damage caused by unauthorized modification of circuit, mismatch or misuse of battery and charger.
Damage caused by any flights which didn’t follow the instructions of the manuals.
Damage caused by operation in bad weather (i.e. strong wind, rain, sand/dust storm, etc.)
Damage caused by operating the unit in an electromagnetic interference environment (i.e. mining area, radio transmitting tower, high-voltage wire, substation, etc.).
Damage caused by operating the unit in a known environment with interference with other wireless devices (i.e. transmitter, video-link, Wi-Fi signals, etc.).
Damage caused by operating the unit with a weight greater than safe takeoff weight.
Damage caused by forced flight when components have been aged or damaged.
Damage caused by reliability or compatibility issues when using unauthenticated third-party parts.
Damage caused by operating the unit with a low charged or defective battery.

Just to add to the warranty concerns...

If you owned a Phantom 2 and had subsequently bought and fitted: DJI ground station BT datalink, DJI H3-3D gimbal with anti-interference board, DJI FPV hub, DJI iOSD Mini, DJI can bus hub, etc, etc, then you'd have opened the thing up every time to internally mount these things (including following the DJI instructional videos on their website telling you how to do it). There are no warranty implications to opening your aircraft shell, indeed if you don't check for "aged or damaged components" as per the post above then you're technically not covered...

So in conclusion - open up with alacrity. If you actually DO something whilst the lid's open then if it's not instructed by DJI (either in person or via their website or youtube channel) then if that causes any future issues you may be out of warranty. The previously mentioned analogy of the new car and opening up the hood to look at the engine is appropriate.

Pull_Up said:
Just to add to the warranty concerns...

If you owned a Phantom 2 and had subsequently bought and fitted: DJI ground station BT datalink, DJI H3-3D gimbal with anti-interference board, DJI FPV hub, DJI iOSD Mini, DJI can bus hub, etc, etc, then you'd have opened the thing up every time to internally mount these things (including following the DJI instructional videos on their website telling you how to do it). There are no warranty implications to opening your aircraft shell, indeed if you don't check for "aged or damaged components" as per the post above then you're technically not covered...

So in conclusion - open up with alacrity. If you actually DO something whilst the lid's open then if it's not instructed by DJI (either in person or via their website or youtube channel) then if that causes any future issues you may be out of warranty. The previously mentioned analogy of the new car and opening up the hood to look at the engine is appropriate.

Did you actually read the part in the warranty statement that says, and I quote

"No unauthorized disassembling, modification or installation has been performed."

I think that statement is quite unambiguous and can not be open for interpretation.

They can refuse to cover an issue under warranty even if you have purchased one of their other products that can be attached to a craft if you have opened up the craft without their authority.

You may be competent enough to install other devices to the craft but that does not mean the next person is.

Just because you want to check to see if everything is connected properly is no reason to open up the craft. When you buy any electronic device TV, DVD, IPad, etc, do you open that up to see if everything is connected correctly, I do not think so.

The car analogy is incorrect, it is the owners responsibility to ensure that oil levels, coolant levels etc are maintained, if not their warranty is void, check the manufactures warranty. If you purchase a new car and you are a car mechanic you still have to abide by the car manufactures warranty by taking it to an authorized service center for a service or the warranty is void. Two totally different products, two totally different warranty conditions.

Don't you think they have conditions with a warranty for a reason or is there different rules for different people.

Did you actually read the part in the warranty statement that says, and I quote:

[You are not covered by warranty for] "Damage caused by forced flight when components have been aged or damaged".

As the warranty exclusion terms are written the same for my F450 (which comes as a kit!) as for my P2 and Vision I'm suspecting they really didn't mean you're not to open it up... For example, if I fit a Light bridge following DJI's own instruction video including opening the shell, you're saying I'm fine, but if I fit the iOSD mini internally at a later date then that particular opening would have invalidated the warranty, but not the previous one?!

Still, for the avoidance of doing I've just asked DJI explicitly if opening the shell on its own has any impact on warranty status for the warranted components. I'll let you know if they come back and tell me that I should do any preventative maintenance on my aircraft with screw-on covers but I'm fine on the ones without...

You are not going to void your warranty by opening up the shell and installing accessories in accordance with DJI's instructions. Now if you do modifications that are not authorized or approved by DJI then you will void your warranty. But that is different than just opening the shell. I open mine all the time. I have installed the anti-interference board, an upgrade PCB on a P1, installed E300 motors on a P2 (this one probably isn't covered but I liked the color), installed a Naza V2 PMU and H3-2D GCU. Now I do not recommend that everyone open their shell unless they know what they are doing. There have been too many threads about guys that have reversed the led and pmu leads, reversed the leads from the Rx, etc. I hope that clarifies how DJI looks at warranty repairs.

I tried to open mine but could only get one of the tiny screws on the very end, all the others were so difficult, I pushed as hard as I could with a small Phillips screw driver I made indents in my hand, all the other hex screws came out but those little bas____s won't come out! any suggestions ?

Thanks
Joe

As a professional mechanic, I cringe every time I read about someone asking how to get a screw out. If you can't figure that out maybe you shouldn't be attempting this yourself. Take it to someone who has the proper tools and knows what they are doing. Watch and learn and then you can attempt it.

planedr said:
As a professional mechanic, I cringe every time I read about someone asking how to get a screw out. If you can't figure that out maybe you shouldn't be attempting this yourself. Take it to someone who has the proper tools and knows what they are doing. Watch and learn and then you can attempt it.

+1 :)

Joeg1937 said:
I tried to open mine but could only get one of the tiny screws on the very end, all the others were so difficult, I pushed as hard as I could with a small Phillips screw driver I made indents in my hand, all the other hex screws came out but those little bas____s won't come out! any suggestions ?

Thanks
Joe

You need a #0 Philips screwdriver.

That's exactly what I am using and it is very difficult to turn, and for your information " planer" I was a camera repairman, and you don't have to be a friggin mechanic to know how to turn a screw !still can't get them out!

Same here Joe, I've managed to get the two out on the rear but the two on the front refuse to come out. Frustrating!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj