Should I just buy another drone?

Reaction score
I have a P3P which is currently at DJI. I have a controller with a maxxantenna and completely boosted, I was to buy another battery 125.00 or so and another remote, 150 or so.

But I found someone selling a brand new P3A , never opened once, for 500.00

I mean that includes the remote,charger and another battery.
Plus I only shoot in 1080/60 anyway.
But the whole point is, for what I want battery/remote with the remote being used at 150 or so, thats almost 300 bucks, for another 200 I get the whole drone.

only problem, no warranty anymore.

what would you do

Reactions: MacMan3409
I have one of each. That gave me an extra charger, an extra B remote, and an extra battery. I use both chargers and of course the extra battery, and I've got a virgin remote, never used, let alone opened, with stock firmware sitting in the original plastic wrapping.

$500 for a sealed box is definitely a great deal. However, keep in mind that won't be covered by DJI's warranty if the seller is not an authorized DJI dealer. I'm assuming they are not at that price tag.

$500 for a sealed box is definitely a great deal. However, keep in mind that won't be covered by DJI's warranty if the seller is not an authorized DJI dealer. I'm assuming they are not at that price tag.

It's not, kinda sucks to be honest. if I get it and its a dud or something is wrong, I'm pretty much screwed, I will however get to see it and possibly start it up without buying first. Anything I should look for? to make sure it is indeed new? can't I tell with the battery history or something?

thanks

Anything I should look for? to make sure it is indeed new?
Make sure the seal on the box is not broken. If it is, then you might want to pass on this offer since it comes with no warranty.

It's not, kinda sucks to be honest. if I get it and its a dud or something is wrong, I'm pretty much screwed, I will however get to see it and possibly start it up without buying first. Anything I should look for? to make sure it is indeed new? can't I tell with the battery history or something?

thanks
your not screwed really until you spend 200 or so for repairs
up to then you are break even or better, considering the extras you end up with no matter I would buy it

good luck and have fun flying!

Reactions: Digdat0
Maybe the seller bought it from a certified retailer, so the warranty might still be good.
I still don't understand how dji is getting away with not honoring a warranty.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using PhantomPilots mobile app

Maybe the seller bought it from a certified retailer, so the warranty might still be good.
I still don't understand how dji is getting away with not honoring a warranty.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using PhantomPilots mobile app
Easy. They write it down. You have a couple of options - you can sue them in small claims court, probably get a default judgement and then have the non trivial issue of collecting. You can start a class action suit. You can complain to the FTC and wait a couple of years for them not to do something.

Other companies restrict warranties to authorized dealers and have non transferable warranties. In the US at least, this is perfectly legal. YMMV.

it's legal, just slimy.

You look at the top companies out there when it comes to parts and what not. Doesn't matter who's hands its been in, they will warranty it.
Companies that do this are a stand up company and get a great reputation and in turn are usually more successful.

Reactions: Fat Daddy
just like a i thought, too good to be true, lol

It was the 4k version, haha

Would this happen to be a seller on craigslist? I found the exact deal from someone who supposedly ran a shop that went out of business and is selling his stock. The deal seems too good so im a bit skeptical

I have a P3P which is currently at DJI. I have a controller with a maxxantenna and completely boosted, I was to buy another battery 125.00 or so and another remote, 150 or so.

But I found someone selling a brand new P3A , never opened once, for 500.00

I mean that includes the remote,charger and another battery.
Plus I only shoot in 1080/60 anyway.
But the whole point is, for what I want battery/remote with the remote being used at 150 or so, thats almost 300 bucks, for another 200 I get the whole drone.

only problem, no warranty anymore.

what would you do
Does the advanced model have lightbridge technology? I have a mint P3P RC for sale if you are interested no charger. I was given the P3P it was a victim of a crash on the person's second flight.

I bought a refurbished P3S from DJI not long ago for $419 with controller, battery and a full warranty. From this thread I presume their sale is over?

I bought a refurbished P3S from DJI not long ago for $419 with controller, battery and a full warranty.
I think the OP is trying to buy a new Phantom. DJI still sells refurbished Phantoms at that discounted price here.

I received an email from DJI this week. It states they are changing the U.S. Warranty policies.

"Dear DJI Creators,

To provide you with ever better service, DJI will now only provide warranty services for products purchased from Authorized Resellers. Products purchased from unauthorized Resellers are not subject to warranty services. This rule takes effect today. Customers who have already bought DJI products will not be affected.

Before buying a DJI product, visit the official DJI website to find an authorized DJI dealer where you can make your purchase."

Just info to consider. Buying from someplace not authorized with DJI may mean you get no warranty.

I think the OP is trying to buy a new Phantom. DJI still sells refurbished Phantoms at that discounted price here.
With the crap DJI warranty - if you don't activate it you have 7 days to return it unless you can convince them it is a manufacturers defect. $850 for a refurbed unit vs. $999 for a brand new one on Amazon isn't such a great deal.

With the crap DJI warranty - if you don't activate it you have 7 days to return it unless you can convince them it is a manufacturers defect.
The warranty is actually the same for refurbished units. The only difference is that DJI will send you another refurbished unit if you need to have the Phantom completely replaced for some reason. I think that's reasonable considering the purchased unit was refurbished.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj