Should I have new updated motors with vision 2 + V3

Reaction score
My question

I have recently purchased a vision 2 + V3, the website which I bought from stated New motors, propellers, and ESCs combine to give you greater thrust and control than ever before. I believe the new motors have 2312 printed on them, however the motors I have do not have anything on them.

It seems to me that the I do not have the drone that was advertised and what I paid for?

Any thought on this we be grateful.

Birdeyedrone said:
My question

I have recently purchased a vision 2 + V3, the website which I bought from stated New motors, propellers, and ESCs combine to give you greater thrust and control than ever before. I believe the new motors have 2312 printed on them, however the motors I have do not have anything on them.

It seems to me that the I do not have the drone that was advertised and what I paid for?

Any thought on this we be grateful.

The outside label is not the only way to tell you have 2312 motors vs the old 2212 motors. They have many distinctions.
New 2312 motors have:
- Bigger top bearing(clearly visible)
- More neatly wound stator windings
- Different base
- Different top(albeit only slightly)
- Propeller thread is completely painted black(vs only a dot on the 2212) for the propellers with the black tip

Check these images:
phantom-motors-2212-2312.jpg

10735151_382955265192465_1705683973_n.jpg

2212 on the left, 2312 on the right

Many thanks for your reply, it does seem that they are the new 2312 as the thread is painted black.

I had a tip over on start up today and burnt two ESC boards, I'm hoping the new motors have the new ESC boards!

You'll have to pop the top to tell. It isn't difficult. I did it on mine yesterday because I couldn't stand not knowing any longer after reading all these threads on here.

My ESC's have no version number on them - possibly bad.
I don't get the 4 beeps on startup - possibly good.
I have the 2312 motors.
So after looking I still don't know if I have an issue or not. Waiting to hear back from DJI.

Great info on the motor differentiation, thank you...I have the 2313's according to the images posted, just not sure about the ESC's.....

Good luck getting any response from DJI on confirming motor or ESC version other than the following:
The below is what I received today...

M. E. (DJI Technology)
Jan 26, 16:41

Dear xxxx.

Thank you for contacting DJI. I understand that you have concern regarding the wrong motors. Unfortunately, there is not a way to identify the motors in the manner that you are asking on. If you believe that the unit has an issue, please contact us for an RMA.

In order to be issued an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number, we encourage you to call our support staff via phone to discuss your options.

You may contact us Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm PST at 818-235-0789.

You can also contact the point of purchase to see if they can advise further.

Thank you for choosing DJI,
"The Future of Possible!”

DJI Customer Service North America

Wait, what's the difference between the 2312 and the 2212? I've got a P2V+ V2 with 2212 and since now I haven't got any problems with it.
Is there any issue with it lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4