Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Should I expect some interference and drop outs?

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by pilsburypie, Aug 4, 2014.

1. pilsburypie

I have a non descript 7" monitor (5.8Ghz) on my Phantom and have the odd line and quick drop out every 5 or so seconds even when in fairly close range. I'm not expecting Bluray quality, and really use the monitor for framing shots, which it does well - just wondering if others using the well spoken about Black pearl get a similar thing.

2. OI Photography

5.8GHz broadcasts are easily disrupted by anything interfering with the line of sight, even letting a leg of the Phantom get between the Tx and Rx for a second while flying can cause a quick dropout of signal.

3. QYV

QYV

also possible: if you have your GoPro in simultaneous photo + video mode where it records video but also caps a still every X seconds (like 5 perhaps) then the FPV feed will blank out whenever the GoPro takes a photo. This is expected behavior

I haven't done it myself but I suspect if you run in time lapse still-only mode it would still blank the feed every time it snaps a photo

in case you're in one of those modes, try video only or don't even hit record on the gopro see if you have the same issue