Should I expect some interference and drop outs?

Reaction score
I have a non descript 7" monitor (5.8Ghz) on my Phantom and have the odd line and quick drop out every 5 or so seconds even when in fairly close range. I'm not expecting Bluray quality, and really use the monitor for framing shots, which it does well - just wondering if others using the well spoken about Black pearl get a similar thing.

5.8GHz broadcasts are easily disrupted by anything interfering with the line of sight, even letting a leg of the Phantom get between the Tx and Rx for a second while flying can cause a quick dropout of signal.

also possible: if you have your GoPro in simultaneous photo + video mode where it records video but also caps a still every X seconds (like 5 perhaps) then the FPV feed will blank out whenever the GoPro takes a photo. This is expected behavior

I haven't done it myself but I suspect if you run in time lapse still-only mode it would still blank the feed every time it snaps a photo

in case you're in one of those modes, try video only or don't even hit record on the gopro see if you have the same issue

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl