Should i dump this propeler?

Reaction score
Noticed that one of the BRAND NEW propelers has hard time tightening in. Meaning when i rotate it, it doesnt "sit down". but if i press a finger on top of it, and rotate it gets on.
Checked other propeler on the same axis, all is fine.
So as here is the photo of prop from inside.

propeler.jpg

Should i use it, or dump it?

Scrap it, you can waste $3 on trashing the propeller or $1,000 + possible lawsuit for damages by flying with the bad prop.

When in doubt, throw it out!!!

just going to scratch my head on this thread and move on, just my 2 cents worth.

I wouldn't risk it. The props should always spin on / off smoothly.

Noticed that one of the BRAND NEW propelers has hard time tightening in. Meaning when i rotate it, it doesnt "sit down". but if i press a finger on top of it, and rotate it gets on.
Checked other propeler on the same axis, all is fine.
So as here is the photo of prop from inside.

View attachment 39500

Should i use it, or dump it?
I got a couple that were supposed to be DJI from a third party vendor that were like that. I didn't use them. They went on too hard and I was worried about cross threading.

I got a couple that were supposed to be DJI from a third party vendor that were like that. I didn't use them. They went on too hard and I was worried about cross threading.
This one is actually from DJI))

Even real DJI props have issues.. about 75% of the ones I've seen need balancing. Some of them thread on way too tightly.. Some are heavier in the middle, some are heavier on the ends. I use a Du Bro prop balancer, super easy to use and it works great. I haven't been able to do anything about when the props don't screw on easily though.. Probably safest to break it and dump it

Noticed that one of the BRAND NEW propelers has hard time tightening in. Should i use it, or dump it?

Looks like it got cross threaded on the wrong shaft in the pic. Use it or lose it is up to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20