Should i cancel?

Personally I am all about the 4K camera and copter stability. Also because Im a film maker I will also get to shoot some pretty sick establishing shots with this thing. I was considering the Inspire 1 befote the 3 dropped out of the sky. And Im so glad it did. If the camera improvements aren't an attraction for you then the light bridge and Russian satelite gps add on for more stable and reliable flight should do it for anyone looking to get into this arena. Not to mention the new ground sensor for indoor stable shooting. You paid the cost so sit back and receive your prize. We deserve to treat ourselves from time to time.

Reactions: Brad Vickery
Its not just the GPS system, its active braking and a whole new control system that makes the p3 totally different than any of the older phantoms.

Reactions: Gearie
985c3d765acc64bd25a8c30a0f6627ef70ac8e20f279a041f9683ec4457ceea9.jpg

I got my P3 last week. Most exciting purchase I've had for a while. It was delightful to fly. Can't wait to fly it again.

As with any hobby in photography or RC, expect the camera or aircraft to be the cheapest expenditure. All the remaining bits will end up costing +++. I think it was worth the experience. Can't wait to go home and fly.

My 2 cents, if you're worried about the $ at this point in the game, it only gets more expensive. The hobby isn't cheap by any stretch. As an owner of both birds, I can tell you that the P3 is worth every penny over what you can pick up a V+ for now.
HELLO I AM AN ITALIAN PILOT
I JUST SOLD MY P2V+ AND BOUGHT A NEW P3A . I WAS OVERALL SATISFIED WITH P2V+ ...HOPE NOT TO HAVE WASTED A LOT OF MONEY TO BUY THE NEW DRONE. ...I WONDER IF ANY OF YOU GUY ARE SATISFIED OR NOT IN DOING SUCH UPGRADE (I LOST MORE OR LESS 450EURO IN UPGRADING MY DRONE)... DO YOU THINK THE CAMERA OF THE P3A IS REALLY BETTER THAN THE CAMERA OF P2V+ ?

Lol! I have to respectfully disagree but you're entitled to your opinion no matter how silly it is.
"anything less is garbage" lol! I admire your passion!!
Glad $1000 isn't much for some but many of us would disagree but like they say "a fool and his money are soon parted"

Let's do the math real quick here. Taking into consideration of being on a budget now. If money is no object than this will be irrelevant of course.
P3P with extra battery= $1359 Now, who only has 2 batteries?? Need to add one more! Another $130. Now you need something to carry it in back and forth to where ever you fly, right? Let's go conservative at $180 for a case. We're up to $1669 and that's assuming you don't have to pay tax or shipping!
Now let's look at what a "junker" can be picked up for. Right now you can find several pieces of "garbage" right here in the classified section WITH 3/4 batteries and a case for under $900. Even a few "garbage" deals for $500!!
If you want the best there is right now and $ is not a concern then by all means SPEND away! Now, if you would like to get into the hobby (which isn't only for the rich) than a used P2V or P2V+ is a great bargain!!
In my opinion if your not getting it for the new camera and ease of flight then simply buy an older model. But for the life of me I simply don't understand why someone would be interested in just that. Hell, there are other cheaper brands of copter that will give you a simple flight experience if that is all your after. I brought the P3P as a cheaper alternative to the Inspire 1's 4k camera and indoor ground sensing capabilties. There is something about have the latest and greatest at s reasonable price and the P3P is very reasonable for what your getting.

In my opinion if your not getting it for the new camera and ease of flight then simply buy an older model. But for the life of me I simply don't understand why someone would be interested in just that. Hell, there are other cheaper brands of copter that will give you a simple flight experience if that is all your after. I brought the P3P as a cheaper alternative to the Inspire 1's 4k camera and indoor ground sensing capabilties. There is something about have the latest and greatest at s reasonable price and the P3P is very reasonable for what your getting.
In 3/4 months the p3p will be replaced by something better and newer. The Inspire 1 is the best of the best of the best but it will soon be replaced by something better.

Guess maybe my way of thinking comes with maturity.....(old age) I used to build my own gaming computers as a hobby. Liquid cooled gpu's & cpu's & ram! 2 cpu's!! 4 gpu's!! 36 gigs of ram!!! 3 monitors!! Man, hell yeah! Had to have the best!! The fastest!!! Hell yeah!! Lmao. Yeah, I remember that feeling. After 2 years and thousands and thousands of dollars, I just started to realize, I'm never going to have the best because no sooner do I get it and there's better out now! Lol!

The P2V+V3 was the baddest phantom ever made just a month ago.... Keep chasing the best. I'll enjoy my p2 and pick up your p3 in a month or 2 for a fraction of what you paid for it... I have patience! :D

Last edited:
In 3/4 months the p3p will be replaced by something better and newer. The Inspire 1 is the best of the best of the best but it will soon be replaced by something better.

Guess maybe my way of thinking comes with maturity.....(old age) I used to build my own gaming computers as a hobby. Liquid cooled gpu's & cpu's & ram! 2 cpu's!! 4 gpu's!! 36 gigs of ram!!! 3 monitors!! Man, hell yeah! Had to have the best!! The fastest!!! Hell yeah!! Lmao. Yeah, I remember that feeling. After 2 years and thousands and thousands of dollars, I just started to realize, I'm never going to have the best because no sooner do I get it and there's better out now! Lol!

The P2V+V3 was the baddest phantom ever made just a month ago.... Keep chasing the best. I'll enjoy my p2 and pick up your p3 in a month or 2 for a fraction of what you paid for it... I have patience! :D

I totally get where your coming from, but...to be honest I never felt the Phantom Vision series was good enough for my wants and needs. I didn't like the quality of the video at all and thought DJI stepped into dog pooh even considering building their own internal camera quad. But now that the P3P has come to life I'm glad they did gamble on the vision series because it gave them the experience they needed to come up with a very worth while 4k camera quad who's footage can be edited together with some of today's best 4k cinema camera footage. That is why I purchased the P3P. This camera will breath new life into some of my projects and I couldn't be happier.

Reactions: AmosMoses

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr