Should I buy the DJI Lightbridge?

Reaction score
Hi - I'm going to purchase a Phantom 2 & Zenmuse HD-3D gimbal. I'm also going to use a Futaba 14SGH radio (will be purchasing as well). The DJI lightbridge is used for FPV correct? What would be the advantage of using this over say a BlackPearl Diversity Monitor & Immersion RC 600mw (also what I was thinking about purchasing)

The Futuaba is a 2.4Ghz radio - so won't that interfere with the DJI Lightbridge?

I also plan on using a GoPro3 Black.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
PS: Also thinking about buying a flytrex live 3G - I've heard of too many people losing their Phantoms. :)

Yes lightbridge is 2.4Ghz, as is the Phantom 2 control board. You are correct, the lightbridge is for the FPV downlink. You will need to change out the 2.4 board in the phantom to a 5.8 and then get a 5.8 controller.

Will be great with the GoPro 3, but will not work with the 2.5k or 4k resolution of the GoPro 4 if you ever upgrade. Lightbridge and the GoPro 4 output when recording at 4k or 2.5k are not compatible as of today.

Actually you will not need the 5.8ghz TX and RX because the lightbridge sends the 2.4ghz up-link from your Futaba through the TX's trainer port on the back. So you actually need a TX like the Futaba because of the trainer port. Go to DJI website and look under support for the lightbridge and it will list all remote that are compatible.

armyturtle said:
Hi - I'm going to purchase a Phantom 2 & Zenmuse HD-3D gimbal. I'm also going to use a Futaba 14SGH radio (will be purchasing as well). The DJI lightbridge is used for FPV correct? What would be the advantage of using this over say a BlackPearl Diversity Monitor & Immersion RC 600mw (also what I was thinking about purchasing)

The Futuaba is a 2.4Ghz radio - so won't that interfere with the DJI Lightbridge?

PS: Also thinking about buying a flytrex live 3G - I've heard of too many people losing their Phantoms. :)

Armyturtle, we have the new DJI radios inbound if you're not wanting to drop the cash on a Futaba radio.. The new radios have a built in trainer port but are currently on backorder for a few weeks I would imagine.. We do have the 14SG radios in stock if you're wanting to do the upgrade..

1.jpg

UAV-Outlet said:
armyturtle said:

Armyturtle, we have the new DJI radios inbound if you're not wanting to drop the cash on a Futaba radio.. The new radios have a built in trainer port but are currently on backorder for a few weeks I would imagine.. We do have the 14SG radios in stock if you're wanting to do the upgrade..

1.jpg
What is the price on the new TX? Also is there confirmation it will work with the lightbridge. I assumed it would, but sometimes DJI surprises me.

First-person view (FPV), also known as remote-person view (RPV), or simply video piloting, is a method used to control a radio-controlled vehicle from the driver or pilot's view point. Most commonly it is used to pilot a radio-controlled aircraft or other type of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). The vehicle is either driven or piloted remotely from a first-person perspective via an onboard camera, fed wirelessly to video fpv goggles[1][2] or a video monitor. More sophisticated setups include a pan-and-tilt gimbaled camera controlled by a gyroscope sensor in the pilot's goggles and with dual onboard cameras, enabling a true stereoscopic view.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik