Should I buy more DJI batteries, or use other brands?

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a couple of replacement batteries for my FC40, and was wondering if I should stick with the DJI Phantom batteries or buy others.

I've had decent luck with a few other brands, but also had a few cheaper ones that puffed up. None of my Phantom 2200 mah batteries have ever gotten puffy and they all have performed very well. After the others have gone bad I plan to replace them with original DJI Phantom batteries.

Totally awesome battery dude.
Minor modification to the opening of the battery compartment is required.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _Pack.html

There's a really big RC world out there, with great batteries.
Do some surfing and check out what's there.

2200 mah Phantom battery = :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GeneralKitFisto said:
I'm thinking about buying a couple of replacement batteries for my FC40, and was wondering if I should stick with the DJI Phantom batteries or buy others.
Depends on how long you plan to fly and what you intend to do. (Video)? I've used the original 2200's for just goofing off or to check on some modifications I've made. Other times, I've used Black Magic's 2700mAh for longer fights and videos. And have gotten desirable times with it. As for the 4000mAh's as mentioned, they'll give you much more flight time but again as mentioned. You'll need to modify the battery compartment to get it to fit properly. There are youtube videos showing how to modify your Phantom to get the 4000mAh battery to fit.

GeneralKitFisto said:
I have had good luck with Maddog 2700 mAh batteries and Dinogy 2800 mAh ones. Both will fit without modification and give a few minutes longer flight time than the standard DJI battery.

Hobbyking.com 4000mah are the best for the price by far. Don't use them if u have a quad that is overweight tho. If already too heavy, go with a mad dog 2700 or something along those lines. Don't bother with the no name brands as you usually get what you pay for in this feild

I ended up buying three more DJI batteries. Thanks for the input, though. If I need to buy more for whatever reason, I'll make sure to follow the advice I found here.

dtitus6297 said:
Molokai said:
I really like these (http://www.ebay.com/itm/161497162154?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT) batteries. They work just as well as the DJI ones for a lot less. I now own 6.
I might grab 2 of them to try out the dual battery setup. I've heard bad things about dual battery setups cause they r too much weight. Any input?

Dual batteries worked fine for me. Unlike everyone else, I mounted mines on the bottom of the CF mounts and the narrow way. Flies WAY better.

dtitus6297 said:
Molokai said:
I really like these (http://www.ebay.com/itm/161497162154?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT) batteries. They work just as well as the DJI ones for a lot less. I now own 6.
I might grab 2 of them to try out the dual battery setup. I've heard bad things about dual battery setups cause they r too much weight. Any input?

If you are an adventurous flyer, flying will be much more of an adventure. If you are going up and hovering while taking a few pics its not too bad. Handles more weird in wind as if the FC 40 wasn't sensitive enough in wind. You only gain a 2 or 3 minutes more because you have to take the weight into consideration. Thats my experience with the dual setup.

I bought 4 4000 multistar batteries and modded the front door with a dremel so they fit. In my opinion that is the best option I am getting a little under 17 minutes for each flight. I am not a madman with my flying, I'm just just shooting video and taking pics at scenic locations but for me this is great :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik