Should I buy a phantom 3 after the price drops or continue to upgrade my phantom 1?

Reaction score
With the phantom 4 out, I'm expecting the price of the 3 to drop within a couple months. If so, is it a worthy investment or should I just get a gimbal and some other upgrades for my phantom 1?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

phantom 3 for sure

The Phantom 3 Prices are already as low as I think they will go for the P/A, (maybe the P3S will drop again)unless you want to wait until the holiday shopping season. Your best bet is buy the P3P for $799 on ebay and scoop up some extra batteries that are being sold hardly used. There are lots of P3P's being dumped to make room for the P4 inventory right now. FYI the ebay link I posted below is for the Phantom 3 Professional with Lightbridge, not the Phantom 3 4k that uses wifi, the UPC number and CPPT numbers both match up with what Bestbuy has posted for the Phantom 3 Professional.

DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter with 4K Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal NEW MODEL

P3!

With the phantom 4 out, I'm expecting the price of the 3 to drop within a couple months. If so, is it a worthy investment or should I just get a gimbal and some other upgrades for my phantom 1?
The price has already dropped and not by a small amount.
The P3 Advanced and Pro are a gift at the current pricing.
The P3 was 10 times as good as the P2 series.
I don't think it's possible to measure how much better than the 1 series ... it's off the scale.
Upgrading a 1 series or buying a P3?
There's no question which way to go.

Reactions: Sinisalo
Thanks for the help. Definitely helped me make my decision. Thanks for the batteries tip Sinisalo!

Reactions: Sinisalo

I partially do not agree with the given suggestions.
For sure there is no comparaison between P1 and P3:I agree about this.
But it depends what you want from your quad and if the extra performances of P3 are really an usefull improvement for you : the investment of buying a gimbal for P1 and buying a new P3 are also not comparable.
In addition consider that any additional battery of your new P3 will cost you more than 120 $ at least, while batteries for your P1 cost 30 $.
So, if your P1 is working good for you, I would upgrade with a small investment. I follow this way 5 months ago and I have a quad that is perfect for my needs.
On the other hand, if you consider that all the new performances of P3 are a must for you, do not try to upgrade the P1 at P3 level because it is impossible and also not economical.

I partially do not agree with the given suggestions.
For sure there is no comparaison between P1 and P3:I agree about this.
But it depends what you want from your quad and if the extra performances of P3 are really an usefull improvement for you : the investment of buying a gimbal for P1 and buying a new P3 are also not comparable.
In addition consider that any additional battery of your new P3 will cost you more than 120 $ at least, while batteries for your P1 cost 30 $.
So, if your P1 is working good for you, I would upgrade with a small investment. I follow this way 5 months ago and I have a quad that is perfect for my needs.
On the other hand, if you consider that all the new performances of P3 are a must for you, do not try to upgrade the P1 at P3 level because it is impossible and also not economical.
Good points, thanks for the insight. I think your right, I can live with my p1 for now until I want an upgrade.

[QUOdidn't Brmatt, post: 712092, member: 55904"]Good points, thanks for the insight. I think your right, I can live with my p1 for now until I want an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app[/QUOTE]
You didnt say if you were going to get rid of your P1 to upgrade. If so, you wouldn't really get much so best to keep it. I have 3 P1s and am happy with them. The new birds are great but more ccomplicated and also come with restrictions as to flying. Altitude, No Fly Zones, etc. Along with flying the new birds, you have to hope you never have an app crash...which I hear all the time this happens. If you want pretty good video, waypoints, poi, telemetry etc....get a
New bird. But if you want a fun, reliable, unrestricted bird to fly without hassles or cry too much if it crashes....take the P1 out and have a good time. Simple, fun, and batteries are cheap. I would say most that upgrade to the newer features never mastered what they already had. They want the newest and latest out there. That's ok too. I like to just go out and fly and not stress so much over how not to lose my quad today. I have been in photography for many years. I always wanted the latest and greatest. I learned early that always getting the latest didn't make me a better photographer. It may have provided more options to be better though and get the shot. We all have different needs.I wouldn't mind upgrading to newer stuff but until I feel the need to fly way beyond VLOS, need to know how fast, how far, which direction, and all the other info telemetry can provide, I see no need at this time. There is no right or wrong here. Do what pleases you. Before you upgrade, think about if it actually does something you need to do and can't do now.

Reactions: rebelyellNC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik