Should I bother upgrading to a Mavic from a P3 4k

Reaction score
I did a side by side comparison. The Mavic uses the same Sony EXMOR 1/2 3" that the P3 4k does, with a few tweaks. One being able to run 90 fps in 1080?. Very small difference I believe.

I'm enjoying my P3 4k, I'm trying hard not justify to upgrade. I did some cost calucations, I'd have to pay around 300 more, if I sell my P3 4k just to start off with the Mavic. I already have a backpack hard shell with mine.

Major cons of my P3 4k. < 1 mile of distance on the Wifi. Can be fixed with 50 dollar mod or less from various vendors. (Mavic has 4.3 miles)

No folding props on P3 4k

I'm saying its mostly hype..

Thoughts?

Specs P3 4k

Phantom 3 4K - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO - DJI

Mavic

Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

if money is no object. Get the Mavic. I'm selling my Phantom 3 pro to get one.

Meh, maybe I'll hold out. Bestbuy sells mine for 599, i'd sell everything for around that price. Mavic is like 999, 400 bucks just to upgrade. Hard choice.

I've the same but have decided to go for it as I hate the (relatively) large case and fiddling about setting it up and packing away. This is bad enough from a car but a complete pain when motorbiking to the point I gave up trying. to take it.
I think the decision will be easier in a few months when price might have eased down and any teething problems have been discovered.

I'm keeping the Pro though.
The Mavic will probably be easier to impose any EU inspired draconian restrictions.
I haven't updated the P3 since last year and don't intend to.

Reactions: auen1
I've the same but have decided to go for it as I hate the (relatively) large case and fiddling about setting it up and packing away. This is bad enough from a car but a complete pain when motorbiking to the point I gave up trying. to take it.
I think the decision will be easier in a few months when price might have eased down and any teething problems have been discovered.

I'm keeping the Pro though.
The Mavic will probably be easier to impose any EU inspired draconian restrictions.
I haven't updated the P3 since last year and don't intend to.

I have a case that lets me keep the props on but it wouldn't work on a bike

In my view, I would wait , the Mavic is still 1st edition.....there will be bugs that will be sorted in future editions. I never buy the 'A' model of anything.....:)

I'm getting the Mavic but keeping the 4K . Will swap off the standard but can't let go of Mia ,just learned to much from it .
4K gets 3 miles here with no problems and I keep it as up to date as possible .
Is a good drone .
Also gonna have it cause the wife said I could :)

Anyone can tell me how you download video from the p 3 4k to your mobile device?

Anyone can tell me how you download video from the p 3 4k to your mobile device?
Just stick the SD card in the phone. If your phone has no SD card slot you need a memory card reader that plugs into your phone's charging port. These are readily available on Amazon. Just search for a micro USB SD card reader.

Reactions: star 1
Today I shoot a video in 1080p and it download from my perspective 3 4k but it take a very long time to download and it's not playing on my note 3 when it download.

Sent from my SM-N900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

You think the 4k video would play on Samsung Galaxy note 3?

Today I shoot a video in 1080p and it download from my perspective 3 4k but it take a very long time to download and it's not playing on my note 3 when it download.

Welcome to the forum star .
Maybe start a thread on all you are asking and let this one stay On Topic .
Thanks

Also gonna have it cause the wife said I could :)

tumblr_nnyo5h5AWX1sjdk7yo1_400.gif

:D:D:D

Reactions: dirkclod
I just need to clarify the image quality of Mavic. Because I've seen some post and it clearly shows that P3 and P4 4K camera is better than the Mavic.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4