Should I be worried ?

Reaction score
Hello All,

Ok so I bought a Phantom 3 Pro and the antenna was broken on it. The company said ship the whole thing back. So I did, and I got the new one today. In the box was a note saying that I have inspected this one and updated the software.

Fist off, I didn't like that the box was opened by someone else, Hard to tell if it is brand new. Then there was a couple things that I noticed. The plastic on the propellers,camera lens, battery, charger, and instruction manual was removed.

I checked the flight status and it says that 00:00. I see no cracks, or blemishes on the phantom. I did a test flight and everything seems to be ok. Camera recorded good looking video.

Should I be worried, or is it just me being paranoid. Again this came from a company, not an individual.
Any thoughts ?

I bought it from Amazon and it was fulfilled by All E Rc.

Now I have not had any issues with them. I bought a Phantom 3 pro from them, and it came with a broken antenna, I emailed them on a Sunday night and they responded that night and told me that I would get an RMA on monday which I did. Shipped it back and they shipped out this one. It was shipped via ground, so 3 days there, and 3 days back. But didn't give me any grief about anything.

just want to make sure that I'm just paranoid and it's not something that I should be worried about. If it is an issue I want to take care of it right away, instead of waiting.

You will only get a sealed new unit if ordered directly from DJI. If it is a return to the authorized dealer from where it was purchased, then I can only assumed that they wanted to be sure that you had a perfectly working aircraft. Did you have to register it for it to fly? If not, then the dealer may have just updated the bird to the latest FW and tested before you got it back on the second 1.
You will be able to see all this info as proof thru the Go App.

Reactions: ccbdav
For what it's worth, I ordered directly from DJI and the seal on my box was broken when it arrived (despite the "Void if Damaged" sticker across the top). As I've worked in the shipping industry a few times, I realize the package was likely opened for inspection due to requisite identification as hazardous materials (LiPos are quite dangerous). The actual Phantom packaging, however, was not altered or opened.

I don't know anything about the seller you purchased from, but they may have simply tried to inspect everything prior to sending out your replacement to ensure nothing was wrong as Blue Bird mentioned. Perhaps, they were earnestly trying to provide outstanding customer service. Or, without insinuating malice on the seller's part, it could be a refurbished or used unit.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with another person removing all the plastic or updating anything either, but the seller may have thought that was good customer service. If you don't feel comfortable, which would be understandable, request a refund and buy from another seller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drone Master
I just sent an email off to them. I don't feel comfortable not knowing that this was or was not a brand new unit. I can not verify that the contents are what they should be, with an open box unit. So I asked them to either let me ship this back to them and send me a sealed unit, or issue me a refund.

My issue with this, is that the plastic on the manual, battery, everything was removed, there was no reason to remove this to verify the unit was working. This drone was even named durring the initial turn on, with a name not of my choosing. This seems to me like someone had bought this unit and returned it, and they sent me this returned unit. I paid for a brand new unit, and if something was to happen to this drone, it would be considered my fault, when it could be because of something that had failed previously.

I paid for a brand new unit, and if something was to happen to this drone, it would be considered my fault, when it could be because of something that had failed previously.

Yeah, that's pretty much the key. You paid for a new unit, got a broken unit, then a provably pre-owned unit. Sounds like their note about updating the firmware, etc, may have been a cover for selling you a pre-owned unit.

If the bird has been pre registered, then I would be concerned.
See if the seller will offer an exchange for a sealed unit.
What did you pay for the bird if you don't mind me asking.
Did you get a special deal or anything?
I pre ordered my P4 before release from DJI. My dealership was not even able to place orders for a week after the release. Mine came perfectly sealed in a box with in a bigger box. That's what you should be seeing when it arrives.
Hopefully the seller will work with you and send a new sealed unit.
Good Luck!,

About 3 months ago I purchased from Amazon but sold by Camrise my first DJI phantom 3 Advanced. By the time I received it I had watched so many new box unpacking YouTube videos, that I knew exactly what should look like new out of the box. Since I ordered as a bundle with one extra battery and the hard shell backpack, I was expecting two large boxes, one with drone and the other with backpack. What I received was one large box and immediately was suspicious. Unpacked it and found there was NO drone box as they had unpacked from DJI box and put everything in the backpack. I didn't like that but, figured they were just trying to save on freight. Then noticed the four yellow warning papers that should have been on each motor shaft were not there. Why would they remove something a new owner should see? Then as was unpacking found the power cord was in a bag that had a huge rip in it as if someone had removed the cord, used it then put back in bag. Then noticed there was no stickers on ends of either new batteries as they all have. Yes the drone looked all new but then found it had missing gimbal pieces and at that point, just stopped and called Amazon.com. They said no worries they would email me a return label and give me a full refund. So that is what I did, as new this was a repack and also wanted my DJI box just in case I ever need to return drone for service. This all turned out quit well as I ask the Amazon girl how I could protect from this and she said to order from Amazon and make sure was also Sold By Amazon.com. That way she said you will get a sealed in the box and if any issues you can always count on Amazon to make you happy. So, when I went to buy like that I found a better deal and ended up getting a Pro version for same money. When I got it two days later as I am a Prime customer with Amazon, it was as expected in two large boxes and both drone and second battery was in sealed boxes as they were brand new. I am now very happy because the 4K camera is so awesome and I find me using the drone more than I ever thought I would. Beware as Camrise I think tried to pull one over on me. When spending this much, you expect brand new unless you know you are ordering a used bird.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: bernek
About 3 months ago I purchased from Amazon but sold by Camrise my first DJI phantom 3 Advanced. By the time I received it I had watched so many new box unpacking YouTube videos, that I knew exactly what should look like new out of the box. Since I ordered as a bundle with one extra battery and the hard shell backpack, I was expecting two large boxes, one with drone and the other with backpack. What I received was one large box and immediately was suspicious. Unpacked it and found there was NO drone box as they had unpacked from DJI box and put everything in the backpack. I didn't like that but, figured they were just trying to save on freight. Then noticed the four yellow warning papers that should have been on each motor shaft were not there. Why would they remove something a new owner should see? Then as was unpacking found the power cord was in a bag that had a huge rip in it as if someone had removed the cord, used it then put back in bag. Then noticed there was no stickers on ends of either new batteries as they all have. Yes the drone looked all new but then found it had missing gimbal pieces and at that point, just stopped and called Amazon.com. They said no worries they would email me a return label and give me a full refund. So that is what I did, as new this was a repack and also wanted my DJI box just in case I ever need to return drone for service. This all turned out quit well as I ask the Amazon girl how I could protect from this and she said to order from Amazon and make sure was also Sold By Amazon.com. That way she said you will get a sealed in the box and if any issues you can always count on Amazon to make you happy. So, when I went to buy like that I found a better deal and ended up getting a Pro version for same money. When I got it two days later as I am a Prime customer with Amazon, it was as expected in two large boxes and both drone and second battery was in sealed boxes as they were brand new. I am now very happy because the 4K camera is so awesome and I find me using the drone more than I ever thought I would. Beware as Camrise I think tried to pull one over on me. When spending this much, you expect brand new unless you know you are ordering a used bird.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Glad you sorted it out ! If you pay for something new is should be brand new pristine and with all labels stickers etc.

Hello all,

I actually heard back from them Sunday morning ( I know right. I have had no problems with contacting them. They have been super promt ). They said that when a customer wants a replacement, they have their techs go over everything to make sure it works because shipping is quite high. They said the unit is brand new, If you want a phantom 3 pro unsealed, no problem, we will send you one. So they will send me an RMA on Monday, I'll eat the shipping cost to send it back to them. At lease I will not have to worry anymore. Hopefully everything goes well and I'm back to flying.

Hello all,

I actually heard back from them Sunday morning ( I know right. I have had no problems with contacting them. They have been super promt ). They said that when a customer wants a replacement, they have their techs go over everything to make sure it works because shipping is quite high. They said the unit is brand new, If you want a phantom 3 pro unsealed, no problem, we will send you one. So they will send me an RMA on Monday, I'll eat the shipping cost to send it back to them. At lease I will not have to worry anymore. Hopefully everything goes well and I'm back to flying.
Excellent. Definitely worth the shipping $ for the peace of mind.

Just a quick update.
I received my sealed box with the Phantom 3 Pro. Updated the firmware and everything checks out ok. I had no problems dealing with All E Rc. They responded to my emails on a Sunday and Monday morning I had an RMA to ship it back. No fight and no hassles.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.