Should I be worried, obstacle avoidance issue?

MTH

Reaction score
Last time I was flew my P4P the obstacle avoidance beeped 8 - 10 different times, at least, per battery. At times it was a single quick beep and others it lasted for a second or so. Distance to obstacle also varied. There were no obstacles. At one point I was 393 ft high and it just started beeping and the screen had the obstacle within 15 feet. Altitude did not seem to matter.

What worried me more was when I was trying to play with active track by setting to a box on a pole. Wanted to see if the gimbal would pan down as I increased the altitude. The P4P flew straight for the pole with no obstacle avoidance warning.

I was flying in P mode with obstacle avoidance on. Have never had this happen before.

At one point I was 393 ft high and it just started beeping and the screen had the obstacle within 15 feet.
Were you flying toward the sun? If so, that was most likely your problem. If you run into that issue mid-flight, either yaw away from the sun, disable obstacle avoidance, or switch to sport mode.

The P4P flew straight for the pole with no obstacle avoidance warning.
Obstacle avoidance is not perfect. Be careful when relying on it to detect small objects like poles and small tree branches.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4