Should I be mad or not ?

Reaction score
So this week I purchased a phantom 4 and couldn't wait to get it . I have had a phantom 3 standard for months and was ready to upgrade for distance purposes. I have the Dbs itlite on my p3 standard and today want ted to do a comparison between the two . So distance on p3 standard with itelite 4374 ft . Distance on p4 ? 2980 ft . Same location same day minutes apart . The standard went almost 1400 ft farther . What's your thoughts about this ? Just curious. Thanks

Less than 20% of the published range!?! Doesn't sound right even in the worst interference situations. Since you have been flying Phantoms, I assume that you had the antennas positioned correctly. Do you loose both up and down linK, just video, etc?

Seems like video is the worst of the two . Antennas were standing straight up like pointing towards the sky if controller was laying flat .

Well I was 393 ft high standing in a open field flying over cow pastures . No trees in the way and a very remote area also . I mean I don't expect 3.1 miles I know that's not always gonna happen but I did expect a mile out anyway .

It might be worth checking your image transmission settInge in the go app, it may be on custom for the video downlink- auto can be a better option depending on RF congestion where you are flying.

Same channel?

I can see where this would happen regardless, if you are using two different antenna transmission devices. However, I suspect the issue was interference with the P4 signal. I've been in the mountains with no cell or wifi signals. P2 went 2000' and the P3P went the same distance. Took P3P and P4 out to the desert (again, no other signals around) and P3 went around 8500' and P4 went about 12,000' and I turned around at that point.

My recommendation, go to a different location with no signals and try it again. Try changing channels on the P4.

Is the wifi on your phone or tablet turned off when flying? My P4 and DJI Go 4 app will give me a strong interference warning till I turn it off.

So this week I purchased a phantom 4 and couldn't wait to get it . I have had a phantom 3 standard for months and was ready to upgrade for distance purposes. I have the Dbs itlite on my p3 standard and today want ted to do a comparison between the two . So distance on p3 standard with itelite 4374 ft . Distance on p4 ? 2980 ft . Same location same day minutes apart . The standard went almost 1400 ft farther . What's your thoughts about this ? Just curious. Thanks

I switched to a Mavic Pro and could not be any more happier:) You would be amazed in how this drone handles:) Check out the leaderboard in the Mavic forum hosted by Maxxuav and Jake. See what people are flying distance sto.ck.

When you talk about the max range...is this for video reception or drone control? Video may drop out or change before the remote loses contact with drone control and data. The Litchi app shows percentages for each of the basic meters which can be helpful in testing range.

Having gone from a p3 standard with dbs to a p4 myself either something is wrong with your p4 or you did something wrong.

End of.

The signal strength from the out of box p4 is much better than the linear directional dbs on the standard.

I was getting 1.1 miles. Out he box p4 1.8 miles with full signal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers