Shot some photos and video of Texas Capitol this weekend

What are you shooting with? I noticed in a couple shots where the dome was out of focus. Is that intentional?
Very nice video, by the way!

im surprised its so easy to fly over a capital building..i'd be worried the cops would grab me for flying over a government property..but the video is cool....

Very nice. The blur on some of those images makes it look like a photograph of a scale model.

nice tilt-shift filters on the pics...

did you need to get permission to fly at the capitol? or were they cool about it?

Very Nice Flying. I like your angles and nice slow movement. Editing was great too! I live 1 hour away from there so I can appreciate the photography.

Ouch. Jello and lots of aliasing due to over sharpening in the video and lots of grain in the photos. Not a ringing endorsement of the Vision camera.

1. No issues with security. Never a peep from anyone.
2. Altitude up to about 350 feet or so. Always had line of sight.
3. Jelly? Yep, it was pretty windy in gusts, I lost quite a lot of the footage to even worse jelly effect than what's in the footage shown.
4. Grainy photos were an effect (artistic choice?); they are really pretty clean out of the camera.
5. The moire effect/aliasing are definitely an issue. The video has no correction to it whatsoever so that's straight from the camera. However, I might have overdone the sharpening on the stills. And the Ken Burns effect amplifies that issue. Probably shouldn't have used any motion on the stills.

I appreciate the thoughts/criticism.

Craigley said:
Here's a JPEG out of the P2V+ camera. Minimal color tweaking but no noise reduction.
I think the camera acquits itself pretty well in the stills department.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ob503x4s872189/DJI00025.JPG

Looks good to me.......I suggest putting shrill mute on mute. Life is to short to worry about what the opinions of some. I thought it was pretty obvious what you were doing with your video. Thanks for sharing.

D_Tshudy said:
Very nice. The blur on some of those images makes it look like a photograph of a scale model.

Very cool effect. How do you do this? What is this effect called?

Nice video!

The blur effect is called tilt shift. Programs to create it are a dime a dozen. I did use Snapheal and also Intensify to mess with the photos (both Mac programs), but the tilt shift was done in iPhoto for iPad. Also, for what it's worth, the entire video was assembled and edited in iMovie for iPad. What an amazing world we live in.

Craigley said:
The blur effect is called tilt shift. Programs to create it are a dime a dozen. I did use Snapheal and also Intensify to mess with the photos (both Mac programs), but the tilt shift was done in iPhoto for iPad. Also, for what it's worth, the entire video was assembled and edited in iMovie for iPad. What an amazing world we live in.
I edit on my iPad also. I've used iMovie, but I've switched to "Pinnacle Studio for iPad"......way more powerful in my opinion. Check it out. Maybe iMovie has improved, I haven't used it for several years to be honest. I wouldn't want to go back.

Beautifully done! The stills are spectacular. The video is so smooth. What program did you cut the video in? And did you apply any plugins?My only negative comment, and it is not your fault, is the **** moire patterning. It seems to be endemic with the camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj